Zend Core for i5/OS - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Zend Core for i5/OS - IBM AS400 ; I tried the Zend forums, and got no response so far... Is there any known way to convince Zend Core for i5/OS to expect vanilla DB2 instead of the i5 DRDA DB@? I'm running into some annoyances with setting up ...

  1. Zend Core for i5/OS

    I tried the Zend forums, and got no response so far...

    Is there any known way to convince Zend Core for i5/OS to expect vanilla
    DB2 instead of the i5 DRDA DB@? I'm running into some annoyances with
    setting up a package that likes to do a lot of fussing with SYSCAT to
    get table descriptions, etc, and that doesn't seem to be supported the
    same way.

    --
    We're the technical experts. We were hired so that management could
    ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs.

  2. Re: Zend Core for i5/OS

    I'm not aware of anything - that's why Zend Core for i5/OS was created to
    provide an interface to specifically interact with DB2 for i5/OS instead of
    using some generic interface.

    --
    Kent Milligan
    ISV Enablement - System i

    (opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)

  3. Re: Zend Core for i5/OS

    On Mon, 19 May 2008 10:23:02 -0500, Kent Milligan wrote:
    > I'm not aware of anything - that's why Zend Core for i5/OS was created to
    > provide an interface to specifically interact with DB2 for i5/OS instead of
    > using some generic interface.

    Thanks! "No" is a perfectly useful answer. (:

    --
    Mares eat oats, and does eat oats, and little lambs eat ivy,
    A kid will eat ivy too, wouldn't you?

+ Reply to Thread