Disabling Expansion Unit on 170 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Disabling Expansion Unit on 170 - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I am looking at the possiblity of disabling the Expansion unit from a 170. It is completely empty other than some extra comm ports so I thought it might be just as easy to disable its operation and save ...

  1. Disabling Expansion Unit on 170

    Hi,

    I am looking at the possiblity of disabling the Expansion unit from a
    170. It is completely empty other than some extra comm ports so I
    thought it might be just as easy to disable its operation and save on
    the power.

    Thanks,

    Rj.

  2. Re: Disabling Expansion Unit on 170

    I have done that. No problem. Just disconnect the powercable that leads to
    the expansion.

    DBDriver wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking at the possiblity of disabling the Expansion unit from a
    > 170. It is completely empty other than some extra comm ports so I
    > thought it might be just as easy to disable its operation and save on
    > the power.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > Rj.

  3. Re: Disabling Expansion Unit on 170

    Ace wrote:
    > I have done that. No problem. Just disconnect the powercable that leads to
    > the expansion.

    Well that worked a treat. Thanks for that.

    Rj.

  4. Re: Disabling Expansion Unit on 170

    DBDriver wrote:
    > Ace wrote:
    >> I have done that. No problem. Just disconnect the powercable that
    >> leads to the expansion.
    >>

    > Well that worked a treat. Thanks for that.

    Oh, sorry. I mean, you have to open the box and disconnect the power cord as
    well as the scuzi cable that leads into the empty side. Than close the box.
    That should do the trick. I have one running here for over 4 years with
    those cables disconnected.

    Luck !
    Ace

  5. Re: Disabling Expansion Unit on 170

    Ace wrote:
    > DBDriver wrote:
    >
    > Oh, sorry. I mean, you have to open the box and disconnect the power cord as
    > well as the scuzi cable that leads into the empty side. Than close the box.
    > That should do the trick. I have one running here for over 4 years with
    > those cables disconnected.
    >
    > Luck !
    > Ace

    I'm the one that should apologise. My reply could be interpreted in
    multiple ways. The suggested path was just PERFECT!. Everything running
    like a charm. I was really just unsure as to whether a DST session had
    to be established first to disable the components but after ripping out
    the links she fired up just fine.

    Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

    Rj.

+ Reply to Thread