SYSCOLUMNS for Qtemp file? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on SYSCOLUMNS for Qtemp file? - IBM AS400 ; If I create a table in a standard library, it can be seen in QSYS2/ SYSCOLUMNS. Does anyone know where can I see the same information if I create the file in QTEMP? I came across the following comment in ...

  1. SYSCOLUMNS for Qtemp file?

    If I create a table in a standard library, it can be seen in QSYS2/
    SYSCOLUMNS. Does anyone know where can I see the same information if I
    create the file in QTEMP?

    I came across the following comment in the "DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY
    TABLE" statement:

    "The declared temporary table description does not appear in the
    system catalog. It is not persistent and cannot be shared with other
    application processes."

    So, I'm not sure I can get to SYSCOLUMNS even though I'm writing to
    QTEMP with a CREATE TABLE statement.

    Thanks for the help!
    Mike LaFountain

  2. Re: SYSCOLUMNS for Qtemp file?

    Mike LaFountain wrote:
    > If I create a table in a standard library, it can be seen in QSYS2/
    > SYSCOLUMNS. Does anyone know where can I see the same information if I
    > create the file in QTEMP?
    >
    > I came across the following comment in the "DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY
    > TABLE" statement:
    >
    > "The declared temporary table description does not appear in the
    > system catalog. It is not persistent and cannot be shared with other
    > application processes."
    >
    > So, I'm not sure I can get to SYSCOLUMNS even though I'm writing to
    > QTEMP with a CREATE TABLE statement.
    >
    > Thanks for the help!
    > Mike LaFountain

    Depending on the specific info you need, one thought is:
    DSPFFD ... OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(yourfile)
    You could then query the outfile. See the format of QPDSPFFD to see
    what it contains.

    --
    Karl Hanson

  3. Re: SYSCOLUMNS for Qtemp file?

    Good idea Karl. It looks like everything I need.

    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread