How can i do this? (Query) - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on How can i do this? (Query) - IBM AS400 ; Hello. Is there a way to tell the query(prompted) to SUM all amounts of the same Custumer? or must a write a program? thanks....

  1. How can i do this? (Query)

    Hello.

    Is there a way to tell the query(prompted) to SUM all amounts of the
    same Custumer?

    or must a write a program?

    thanks.

  2. Re: How can i do this? (Query)

    On May 13, 1:22*pm, marsias wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > Is there a way to tell the query(prompted) to SUM all amounts of the
    > same Custumer?
    >
    > *or must a write a program?
    >
    > thanks.

    You have to select sort by customer then select a summary function
    1=Total for the sum of each numeric you're interested in then finally
    add summary breaks for customer where you can add a bit of text to
    print on each customer total. Additionally you can remove the detail
    lines to leave jst the totals by selecting output type summary only.
    I dont remember if you have to tinker with column placing to ensure
    you dont have numeric overflow problems or if it just prints eg +++
    where a total is > 999.

    HTH
    Jonathan.

  3. Re: How can i do this? (Query)

    > > Hello.

    i dont understand what you mean.

    1. if i select SUM, i got the sum for a row. I wont the SUM of a
    column. How can i do this?

    2. can you explain again, how can i do a sum of the amounts of same
    custumer?

    thanks.

  4. Re: How can i do this? (Query)

    On May 14, 6:53*am, marsias wrote:
    > > > Hello.

    > i dont understand what you mean.
    >
    > 1. if i select SUM, i got the sum for a row. I wont the SUM of a
    > column. How can i do this?
    >
    > 2. can you explain again, how can i do a sum of the amounts of same
    > custumer?
    >
    > thanks.

    1)The summary functions are in an option from the main query building
    screen about 2/3 of the way down, Put option 1 there & put the
    appropriate option for total against the column you want totalling as
    opposed to the option for max avg etc.
    2)The option for summary breaks is somewhere on the same list so put a
    1 on that option & select break against the customer column. You can
    also deselect report totals at that point if required.

    Jonathan.

  5. Re: How can i do this? (Query)

    Which are you using? Query/400 (WRKQRY command) of QM Query (STRQM)
    command?

    "marsias" wrote in message
    >> > Hello.

    > i dont understand what you mean.
    >
    > 1. if i select SUM, i got the sum for a row. I wont the SUM of a
    > column. How can i do this?
    >
    > 2. can you explain again, how can i do a sum of the amounts of same
    > custumer?
    >
    > thanks.

+ Reply to Thread