IseriesAccess the session congeal on V5R1M0 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on IseriesAccess the session congeal on V5R1M0 - IBM AS400 ; Hi, normally I work on differents AS/400(iseres) via IseriesAccess or ClientAccess express from XP or Linux. With a V3R2M0 and a V5R3M0 all is ok, but with a V5R1M0 (9406-270) after the signon I can do only 4 comands , ...

  1. IseriesAccess the session congeal on V5R1M0

    Hi,
    normally I work on differents AS/400(iseres) via IseriesAccess or
    ClientAccess express from XP or Linux.
    With a V3R2M0 and a V5R3M0 all is ok, but with a V5R1M0 (9406-270)
    after the signon I can do only 4 comands , then the session congeal
    (doesn't work anymore).
    anyone can suggest how solve this problem?
    thanks in advance
    danilo

  2. Re: IseriesAccess the session congeal on V5R1M0

    danilo.rosso.it@gmail.com skrev den 12-05-2008 11:54:
    > Hi,
    > normally I work on differents AS/400(iseres) via IseriesAccess or
    > ClientAccess express from XP or Linux.
    > With a V3R2M0 and a V5R3M0 all is ok, but with a V5R1M0 (9406-270)
    > after the signon I can do only 4 comands , then the session congeal
    > (doesn't work anymore).
    > anyone can suggest how solve this problem?

    Can you telnet to the V5R1M0 box from the other boxes? Does that work
    better?

  3. Re: IseriesAccess the session congeal on V5R1M0

    On 12 Mag, 17:41, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen
    wrote:
    > danilo.rosso...@gmail.com skrev *den 12-05-2008 11:54:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > normally I work on differents AS/400(iseres) via IseriesAccess *or
    > > ClientAccess express from XP or Linux.
    > > With a V3R2M0 and a V5R3M0 *all is ok, but with a V5R1M0 (9406-270)
    > > after the signon I can do only 4 comands , then the session congeal
    > > (doesn't work anymore).
    > > anyone can suggest how solve this problem?

    > Can you telnet to the V5R1M0 box from the other boxes? Does that work
    > better?

    thanks,
    using Telnet the situation is bad:

    after the signon I receive this normal sytem message :

    Display Program Messages

    Job 345623/ROSSO/QPADEV0002 started on 12/05/08 at 20:03:54 in
    subsystem QIN
    Attention key handling program was not set.

    After the next enter I receive again the signon map, and so on.

  4. Re: IseriesAccess the session congeal on V5R1M0

    I noticed the other day that Client Access from V5R4 does not support
    running on a V5R1 system. Did you load Client Access from a V5R4
    system?

    Denny

    On Mon, 12 May 2008 17:41:37 +0200, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen
    wrote:

    >danilo.rosso.it@gmail.com skrev den 12-05-2008 11:54:
    >> Hi,
    >> normally I work on differents AS/400(iseres) via IseriesAccess or
    >> ClientAccess express from XP or Linux.
    >> With a V3R2M0 and a V5R3M0 all is ok, but with a V5R1M0 (9406-270)
    >> after the signon I can do only 4 comands , then the session congeal
    >> (doesn't work anymore).
    >> anyone can suggest how solve this problem?

    >Can you telnet to the V5R1M0 box from the other boxes? Does that work
    >better?

  5. Re: IseriesAccess the session congeal on V5R1M0

    danilo.rosso.it@gmail.com skrev den 12-05-2008 20:35:

    >> Can you telnet to the V5R1M0 box from the other boxes? Does that work
    >> better?

    > thanks,
    > using Telnet the situation is bad:
    >
    > after the signon I receive this normal sytem message :
    >
    > Display Program Messages
    >
    > Job 345623/ROSSO/QPADEV0002 started on 12/05/08 at 20:03:54 in
    > subsystem QIN
    > Attention key handling program was not set.
    >
    > After the next enter I receive again the signon map, and so on.

    That is not good. If it works for others then ask the system
    administrator to look at your account settings.

    I do not know much about that - anyone else?

+ Reply to Thread