Barcode Printer Printronix - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Barcode Printer Printronix - IBM AS400 ; HI I need to print a couple of fields on an existing work order as Bar codes. This is for a new Printronix printer, not sure of the model # yet. My quesiton is what code I need in my ...

  1. Barcode Printer Printronix

    HI I need to print a couple of fields on an existing work order as Bar
    codes. This is for a new Printronix printer, not sure of the model #
    yet.
    My quesiton is what code I need in my DDS, just BARCODE and any RPG
    changes? and then I need to make the PRTF into AFPDS or IPDS?
    THanks for any help,

  2. Re: Barcode Printer Printronix

    On May 9, 1:47*pm, HotelTravel...@gmail.com wrote:
    > HI I need to print a couple of fields on an existing work order as Bar
    > codes. This is for a new Printronix printer, not sure of the model #
    > yet.
    > My quesiton is what code I need in my DDS, just BARCODE and any RPG
    > changes? and then I need to make the PRTF into AFPDS or IPDS?
    > THanks for any help,

    If the printer can handle it then yes that would be how I print
    barcodes. However we also use lexmark printers which require a sort of
    markup language called prescribe & zebra printers whoch use something
    similar to print barcodes. Both these methods are much more work.

    Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread