Copy File from AS400(v5r2) to Network - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Copy File from AS400(v5r2) to Network - IBM AS400 ; Good afternoon. I know that there are tons of info about this on line, but I could not find any clear answers. We are running low on space on our 9406 - 820 (V5r2) Currently, our uses are running a ...

  1. Copy File from AS400(v5r2) to Network

    Good afternoon.

    I know that there are tons of info about this on line, but I could not
    find any clear answers.

    We are running low on space on our 9406 - 820 (V5r2)

    Currently, our uses are running a lot of CPYTOPCD programs, but from
    now on we want to save all pc files(".TXT", ".CSV") located on IFS; on
    our Windows 2003 Data Server.

    My Questions are:

    1. What is the best way to do it. (commands or tools)
    2. Should I use CPYTOIMPF/CPYTOSTMF. what is the difference between
    them (so far I could not make them to work. below are my examples

    ===> CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LIBA/TEXTFILE *FIRST) TOSTMF('//SERVER_PDC/
    AS400DATA/
    RNWFILW.CSV') MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
    No records copied from file TEXTFILE in LIBA. --------- CPC2957

    ===> CPYTOSTMF FROMMBR('/Qsys.Lib/goebel.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/
    TEXTFILE.Mbr') TOSTM
    F('/GOEBEL_PDC/AS400DATA/RNWFILW.CSV') STMFOPT(*REPLACE)
    STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)
    Object not copied. Object is
    /Qsys.Lib/LIBA.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/TEXTFILE.Mbr. ---------------
    CPFA097

    3. I know that we can use FTP, but we are copying to Data server and
    it is not configured to be FTP server. Do I have to start ftp
    services? Is a big deal to set it up?

    Thank you all in advanced.
    Gary

  2. Re: Copy File from AS400(v5r2) to Network

    On May 6, 9:01*am, Gary Segal wrote:
    > Good afternoon.
    >
    > I know that there are tons of info about this on line, but I could not
    > find any clear answers.
    >
    > We are running low on space on our 9406 - 820 (V5r2)
    >
    > Currently, our uses are running a lot of CPYTOPCD programs, but from
    > now on we want to save all pc files(".TXT", ".CSV") located on IFS; on
    > our Windows 2003 Data Server.
    >
    > My Questions are:
    >
    > 1. What is the best way to do it. (commands or tools)
    > 2. Should I use CPYTOIMPF/CPYTOSTMF. what is the difference between
    > them (so far I could not make them to work. below are my examples
    >
    > *===> CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LIBA/TEXTFILE *FIRST) TOSTMF('//SERVER_PDC/
    > AS400DATA/
    > RNWFILW.CSV') MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
    > No records copied from file TEXTFILE in LIBA. --------- CPC2957
    >
    > *===> CPYTOSTMF FROMMBR('/Qsys.Lib/goebel.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/
    > TEXTFILE.Mbr') TOSTM
    > F('/GOEBEL_PDC/AS400DATA/RNWFILW.CSV') STMFOPT(*REPLACE)
    > STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)
    > Object not copied. *Object is
    > * * * * /Qsys.Lib/LIBA.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/TEXTFILE.Mbr. ---------------
    > CPFA097
    >
    > 3. I know that we can use FTP, but we are copying to Data server and
    > it is not configured to be FTP server. Do I have to start ftp
    > services? Is a big deal to set it up?
    >
    > Thank you all in advanced.
    > Gary

    I was able to do something like this using QNTC. If configured
    correctly you should be able to see servers and PC's on your network
    and route to them. For instance /QNTC/Server/Shared_Folder/
    file.txt.

    Thad Rizzi

  3. Re: Copy File from AS400(v5r2) to Network

    Thad Rizzi wrote:
    > On May 6, 9:01 am, Gary Segal wrote:
    >> Good afternoon.
    >>
    >> I know that there are tons of info about this on line, but I could not
    >> find any clear answers.
    >>
    >> We are running low on space on our 9406 - 820 (V5r2)
    >>
    >> Currently, our uses are running a lot of CPYTOPCD programs, but from
    >> now on we want to save all pc files(".TXT", ".CSV") located on IFS; on
    >> our Windows 2003 Data Server.
    >>
    >> My Questions are:
    >>
    >> 1. What is the best way to do it. (commands or tools)
    >> 2. Should I use CPYTOIMPF/CPYTOSTMF. what is the difference between
    >> them (so far I could not make them to work. below are my examples
    >>
    >> ===> CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LIBA/TEXTFILE *FIRST) TOSTMF('//SERVER_PDC/
    >> AS400DATA/
    >> RNWFILW.CSV') MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
    >> No records copied from file TEXTFILE in LIBA. --------- CPC2957
    >>
    >> ===> CPYTOSTMF FROMMBR('/Qsys.Lib/goebel.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/
    >> TEXTFILE.Mbr') TOSTM
    >> F('/GOEBEL_PDC/AS400DATA/RNWFILW.CSV') STMFOPT(*REPLACE)
    >> STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII)
    >> Object not copied. Object is
    >> /Qsys.Lib/LIBA.Lib/TEXTFILE.File/TEXTFILE.Mbr. ---------------
    >> CPFA097
    >>
    >> 3. I know that we can use FTP, but we are copying to Data server and
    >> it is not configured to be FTP server. Do I have to start ftp
    >> services? Is a big deal to set it up?
    >>
    >> Thank you all in advanced.
    >> Gary

    > I was able to do something like this using QNTC. If configured
    > correctly you should be able to see servers and PC's on your network
    > and route to them. For instance /QNTC/Server/Shared_Folder/
    > file.txt.

    I've used QNTC, too. One caveat: the AS/400 (iSeries / i5 / System i)
    profile and password must match those on the Windows server, including case.

  4. Re: Copy File from AS400(v5r2) to Network

    il 06/05/2008 19.27, Scrive Jonathan Ball 40467520:
    > Thad Rizzi wrote:

    [...]
    >> I was able to do something like this using QNTC. If configured
    >> correctly you should be able to see servers and PC's on your network
    >> and route to them. For instance /QNTC/Server/Shared_Folder/
    >> file.txt.

    > I've used QNTC, too. One caveat: the AS/400 (iSeries / i5 / System i)
    > profile and password must match those on the Windows server, including
    > case.

    .... or grant permissions on Shared_Folder to GUEST windows account or
    GUESTS windows account-group, that must be enabled (default is not).