Triggers - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Triggers - IBM AS400 ; Is there a way to stop the trigger from executing for a selected job? Other than disabling the trigger, submitting a job and then enabling the trigger again. Thanks, Eve...

  1. Triggers

    Is there a way to stop the trigger from executing for a selected job?
    Other than disabling the trigger, submitting a job and then enabling
    the trigger again.

    Thanks, Eve

  2. Re: Triggers

    Not that I know of. That's the idea of a trigger - it always
    executes.

  3. Re: Triggers

    eknight wrote:
    > Is there a way to stop the trigger from executing for a selected job?
    > Other than disabling the trigger, submitting a job and then enabling
    > the trigger again.
    >
    > Thanks, Eve

    Triggers fire off a root table. Is it possible for the job in question
    to update a column on the primary table with a set value just prior to
    trigger firing? Then just exclude processing any records that have this
    flag set from the logic.

    Rj.

  4. Re: Triggers

    "eknight" wrote in message
    | Is there a way to stop the trigger from executing for a selected
    job?
    | Other than disabling the trigger, submitting a job and then enabling
    | the trigger again.
    |
    | Thanks, Eve

    Eve,

    I believe an active trigger will always execute.

    You can however put logic in the trigger program to check what job and
    / or program is invoking the trigger. Then the trigger program can
    immediately return or modify its behavior in some other way.

    Mike Sicilian

+ Reply to Thread