Lexmark T642 with 3 drawers won't use drawer 2 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Lexmark T642 with 3 drawers won't use drawer 2 - IBM AS400 ; Installed a Lexmark T642 with three drawers as a LAN-printer with *LEXMARKT632 (no 642 driver available). OS/400 release is 5.3. Drawers 1 and 3 can be addressed. With drawer 2, output is directed to drawer 1. Technician excludes a technical ...

  1. Lexmark T642 with 3 drawers won't use drawer 2

    Installed a Lexmark T642 with three drawers as a LAN-printer with
    *LEXMARKT632 (no 642 driver available). OS/400 release is 5.3. Drawers
    1 and 3 can be addressed. With drawer 2, output is directed to drawer
    1. Technician excludes a technical problem with drawer 2. I did not
    find any information with Lexmark to be able to do a workstation
    customizing. Maybe other drivers would work

  2. Re: Lexmark T642 with 3 drawers won't use drawer 2

    Have you checked the values in the printer that someone did not do a
    pcl remap of the trays. Many times, I will use this to remap tray 1 to
    tray 2. And does the printer show the correct size paper, etc. Have
    you hooked it up to a pc and tried to print to each drawer and see
    what you have. On the printer go to the setup or tests menu and print
    out that menu and see what it says and try it with a pc on the network
    or direct attached and verify.

    I don't have a 642, but several 632's and a boatload of Optra S's and
    we use many times the same driver for all of them on the pc side. All
    my i5/os printing goes thru io print servers and they just do plain
    pcl and the printer drawer commands work just fine.

    You say ouptut is directed to drawer 1, you really mean output is
    taken from drawer 1, this is an issue of the drawers and not stackers,
    correct?

    chris

    On Apr 30, 7:40*am, j...@arcor.de wrote:
    > Installed a Lexmark T642 with three drawers as a LAN-printer with
    > *LEXMARKT632 (no 642 driver available). OS/400 release is 5.3. Drawers
    > 1 and 3 can be addressed. With drawer 2, output is directed to drawer
    > 1. Technician excludes a technical problem with drawer 2. I did not
    > find any information with Lexmark to be able to do a workstation
    > customizing. Maybe other drivers would work

+ Reply to Thread