Windows Vista (home edition) refuses to validate users against the NetServer - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Windows Vista (home edition) refuses to validate users against the NetServer - IBM AS400 ; Windows Vista (home edition), refuses to validate users against the NetServer shares of a V5R4M0 (with latest cumulative and hipers etc.) Any clue ? Thanks in advance....

  1. Windows Vista (home edition) refuses to validate users against the NetServer

    Windows Vista (home edition), refuses to validate users against the
    NetServer shares of a V5R4M0 (with latest cumulative and hipers etc.)

    Any clue ?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Windows Vista (home edition) refuses to validate users againstthe NetServer

    On Apr 29, 2:59*pm, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    > Windows Vista (home edition), refuses to validate users against the
    > NetServer shares of a V5R4M0 (with latest cumulative and hipers etc.)
    >
    > Any clue ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Are you mapping a drive and getting the problem??

  3. Re: Windows Vista (home edition) refuses to validate users against the NetServer

    Yes, I can see all the neighborhood machines, Linux with samba, AS/400
    Windows 2003, etxc .. the one and only I cannot get to see its resourses is
    the I System becouse it fails to validate the user and password.

    "iseriesflorida" escribió en el mensaje
    On Apr 29, 2:59 pm, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    > Windows Vista (home edition), refuses to validate users against the
    > NetServer shares of a V5R4M0 (with latest cumulative and hipers etc.)
    >
    > Any clue ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Are you mapping a drive and getting the problem??

  4. Re: Windows Vista (home edition) refuses to validate users againstthe NetServer

    On Apr 30, 2:43*pm, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    > Yes, I can see all the neighborhood machines, Linux with samba, AS/400
    > Windows 2003, etxc .. the one and only I cannot get to see its resourses is
    > the I System becouse it fails to validate the user and password.
    >
    > "iseriesflorida" escribió en el mensajenews:12462422-b5d2-4adc-8b05-731fffd2c66e@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
    > On Apr 29, 2:59 pm, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    >
    > > Windows Vista (home edition), refuses to validate users against the
    > > NetServer shares of a V5R4M0 (with latest cumulative and hipers etc.)

    > > Any clue ?

    > > Thanks in advance.

    > Are you mapping a drive and getting the problem??

    I would check and remap it again, you might have to override the
    system/id portion. Are you trying to map it based on a previous
    connection etc.

  5. Re: Windows Vista (home edition) refuses to validate users against the NetServer

    "CENTRINO" wrote in message
    > Yes, I can see all the neighborhood machines, Linux with samba, AS/400
    > Windows 2003, etxc .. the one and only I cannot get to see its resourses
    > is
    > the I System becouse it fails to validate the user and password.
    >

    > "iseriesflorida" escribió en el mensaje
    > On Apr 29, 2:59 pm, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    >> Windows Vista (home edition), refuses to validate users against the
    >> NetServer shares of a V5R4M0 (with latest cumulative and hipers etc.)
    >>
    >> Any clue ?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > Are you mapping a drive and getting the problem??

    on vista business, when you create a mapped drive, you have an option just
    below "reconnect at logon" called "connect using a different user name" -
    not sure is it is the same on home edition - have you put your iseries
    userid & password here ?

+ Reply to Thread