Dead 170 - no panel light - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Dead 170 - no panel light - IBM AS400 ; Hi everyone, My personal 170 (v5r1 As400e) has suddenly gone blank on the front panel. It will not fire up at all. The system was last started last month but it has been run on the prior 3 months to ...

  1. Dead 170 - no panel light

    Hi everyone,

    My personal 170 (v5r1 As400e) has suddenly gone blank on the front
    panel. It will not fire up at all.

    The system was last started last month but it has been run on the prior
    3 months to that. Prior to that for several years on customer's site as
    the old box and usage was rare. I am in fact trying to set it up as a
    test bed for my latest programs.

    Needless to say I have no maintenance contract in place.

    I have checked all connections and reset the cards. I have not yet
    replaced the motherboard cell battery nor tested voltages from power
    supplies (I'm not even sure what voltage pairs the 170 is running
    internally).

    Any ideas gratefully received.

    Rj.

  2. Re: Dead 170 - no panel light

    power supply. www.michsoft.com

    On Apr 25, 7:01*pm, DBDriver wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > My personal 170 (v5r1 As400e) has suddenly gone blank on the front
    > panel. It will not fire up at all.
    >
    > The system was last started last month but it has been run on the prior
    > 3 months to that. Prior to that for several years on customer's site as
    > the old box and usage was rare. I am in fact trying to set it up as a
    > test bed for my latest programs.
    >
    > Needless to say I have no maintenance contract in place.
    >
    > I have checked all connections and reset the cards. I have not yet
    > replaced the motherboard cell battery nor tested voltages from power
    > supplies (I'm not even sure what voltage pairs the 170 is running
    > internally).
    >
    > Any ideas gratefully received.
    >
    > Rj.

  3. Re: Dead 170 - no panel light

    Power cable, power supply, or even outlet.

    * DBDriver:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > My personal 170 (v5r1 As400e) has suddenly gone blank on the front
    > panel. It will not fire up at all.
    >
    > The system was last started last month but it has been run on the prior
    > 3 months to that. Prior to that for several years on customer's site as
    > the old box and usage was rare. I am in fact trying to set it up as a
    > test bed for my latest programs.
    >
    > Needless to say I have no maintenance contract in place.
    >
    > I have checked all connections and reset the cards. I have not yet
    > replaced the motherboard cell battery nor tested voltages from power
    > supplies (I'm not even sure what voltage pairs the 170 is running
    > internally).
    >
    > Any ideas gratefully received.
    >
    > Rj.

  4. Re: Dead 170 - no panel light

    JHL wrote:
    > power supply. www.michsoft.com

    Yeah not the thing I was wanting. I had hoped there was a secret
    location that a well weighted kick could magically reactivate it.

    Oh Well.

    Rj.

  5. Re: Dead 170 - no panel light

    A power supply for a 170 should be cheap.

    Regards,
    Richard Schoen
    RJS Software Systems Inc.
    "Get the information you need. Now!"
    Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
    Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
    Tel: (952) 898-3038
    Fax: (952) 898-1781
    Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

    "DBDriver" wrote in message
    > JHL wrote:
    >> power supply. www.michsoft.com
    >>

    > Yeah not the thing I was wanting. I had hoped there was a secret location
    > that a well weighted kick could magically reactivate it.
    >
    > Oh Well.
    >
    > Rj.

  6. Re: Dead 170 - no panel light

    Richard Schoen wrote:
    > A power supply for a 170 should be cheap.

    Already ordered thanks.

+ Reply to Thread