Power consumption - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Power consumption - IBM AS400 ; Hi, Can anyone tell me what the power consumption is of a 9406/170 having an expansion feature and loaded with 8 disks. I'm talking about 220 volt and I need the watts. TIA Ace...

  1. Power consumption

    Hi,

    Can anyone tell me what the power consumption is of a 9406/170 having an
    expansion feature and loaded with 8 disks. I'm talking about 220 volt and I
    need the watts.

    TIA
    Ace

  2. Re: Power consumption

    are you sure you are talking 220 volts? All my 170's are 115 volt, but
    they draw less than 10 amps (1200 watts) with 8 disks and expansion,
    etc. So if no one else gives you an answer if you are at 220, then it
    would be like 5 amps (still of course 1200 watts).

    chris

    On Apr 22, 4:26*am, "Ace" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what the power consumption is of a 9406/170 having an
    > expansion feature and loaded with 8 disks. I'm talking about 220 volt and I
    > need the watts.
    >
    > TIA
    > Ace

  3. Re: Power consumption

    trans am kid wrote:
    > are you sure you are talking 220 volts? All my 170's are 115 volt, but
    > they draw less than 10 amps (1200 watts) with 8 disks and expansion,
    > etc. So if no one else gives you an answer if you are at 220, then it
    > would be like 5 amps (still of course 1200 watts).

    Thx, I'm in Europe and we only have 220 volt here.

    Ace

  4. Re: Power consumption

    "Ace" wrote in message
    > trans am kid wrote:
    >> are you sure you are talking 220 volts? All my 170's are 115 volt, but
    >> they draw less than 10 amps (1200 watts) with 8 disks and expansion,
    >> etc. So if no one else gives you an answer if you are at 220, then it
    >> would be like 5 amps (still of course 1200 watts).

    > Thx, I'm in Europe and we only have 220 volt here.

    Actually it's 230 volts ....... a best fit of 220 on the continent and 240
    in civilisation ..... oops.. meant the UK!

+ Reply to Thread