SRC B9003E30 and can't keep the system up - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on SRC B9003E30 and can't keep the system up - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I'm getting a SRC B9003E30 on my 9406-170 running V5R2. Looking on IBMLINK, the only post I can find on this SRC states that there is a problem with the SCPF process queue space, which is one of the ...

  1. SRC B9003E30 and can't keep the system up

    Hi,

    I'm getting a SRC B9003E30 on my 9406-170 running V5R2. Looking on
    IBMLINK, the only post I can find on this SRC states that there is a
    problem with the SCPF process queue space, which is one of the job
    structures for SCPF, but I am not sure how to reconcile that.

    I am able to boot the system normal or manual and it will lock shortly
    after it comes fully up. I have narrowed it down to the following
    causing the problem to NOT happen:

    1. Do a manual boot and select 1 to Perform an IPL
    2. Sign On with QSECOFR
    3. On the IPL Options panel select YES to Clear Incomplete Job Logs
    and leave the rest at defaults.

    If I do not clear the Incomplete Job Logs the system hangs no matter
    what else I do.

    Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am having trouble
    tracking down the problem and do not have support on this old box
    anymore.

    Thanks!

    Jessica

  2. Re: SRC B9003E30 and can't keep the system up

    On Apr 21, 1:12*pm, Jessica wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm getting a SRC B9003E30 on my 9406-170 running V5R2. Looking on
    > IBMLINK, the only post I can find on this SRC states that there is a
    > problem with the SCPF process queue space, which is one of the job
    > structures for SCPF, but I am not sure how to reconcile that.
    >
    > I am able to boot the system normal or manual and it will lock shortly
    > after it comes fully up. I have narrowed it down to the following
    > causing the problem to NOT happen:
    >
    > 1. Do a manual boot and select 1 to Perform an IPL
    > 2. Sign On with QSECOFR
    > 3. On the IPL Options panel select YES to Clear Incomplete Job Logs
    > and leave the rest at defaults.
    >
    > If I do not clear the Incomplete Job Logs the system hangs no matter
    > what else I do.
    >
    > Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am having trouble
    > tracking down the problem and do not have support on this old box
    > anymore.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jessica

    I found this online:

    Problem Summary:
    Why would a Power Down the System ( PWRDWNSYS ) command, following a
    storage utilization, jump to 99.9%, first hang at a D9002790 then with
    a subsequent IPL hang at a B9003E30?

    Resolution:
    Basically, the system ran out of storage, and SCPF function checked
    and ended. SCPF archives the QHST files and often is the first job to
    crash due to storage problems.

    With no SCPF process, the PWRDWNSYS will hang forever at D9002790. The
    system will have to be powered off from the control panel.

    The B9003E30 states that there is a problem with the SCPF process
    queue space, which is one of the job structures for SCPF.

    It is possible to IPL to Dedicated Service Tools (DST), and use
    Display/Alter/Dump to change the SCPF job structure so that a new
    process queue space PQS will be created.

  3. Re: SRC B9003E30 and can't keep the system up

    On Apr 23, 6:48*am, iseriesflorida wrote:
    > On Apr 21, 1:12*pm, Jessica wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > I'm getting a SRC B9003E30 on my 9406-170 running V5R2. Looking on
    > > IBMLINK, the only post I can find on this SRC states that there is a
    > > problem with the SCPF process queue space, which is one of the job
    > > structures for SCPF, but I am not sure how to reconcile that.

    > > I am able to boot the system normal or manual and it will lock shortly
    > > after it comes fully up. I have narrowed it down to the following
    > > causing the problem to NOT happen:

    > > 1. Do a manual boot and select 1 to Perform an IPL
    > > 2. Sign On with QSECOFR
    > > 3. On the IPL Options panel select YES to Clear Incomplete Job Logs
    > > and leave the rest at defaults.

    > > If I do not clear the Incomplete Job Logs the system hangs no matter
    > > what else I do.

    > > Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am having trouble
    > > tracking down the problem and do not have support on this old box
    > > anymore.

    > > Thanks!

    > > Jessica

    > I found this online:
    >
    > Problem Summary:
    > Why would a Power Down the System ( PWRDWNSYS ) command, following a
    > storage utilization, jump to 99.9%, first hang at a D9002790 then with
    > a subsequent IPL hang at a B9003E30?
    >
    > Resolution:
    > Basically, the system ran out of storage, and SCPF function checked
    > and ended. SCPF archives the QHST files and often is the first job to
    > crash due to storage problems.
    >
    > With no SCPF process, the PWRDWNSYS will hang forever at D9002790. The
    > system will have to be powered off from the control panel.
    >
    > The B9003E30 states that there is a problem with the SCPF process
    > queue space, which is one of the job structures for SCPF.
    >
    > It is possible to IPL to Dedicated Service Tools (DST), and use
    > Display/Alter/Dump to change the SCPF job structure so that a new
    > process queue space PQS will be created.- Hide quoted text -

    Yes, this is the article I snipped from in my original post. However,
    I don't get the D9002790 or have a problem with the pwrdwnsys hanging.
    I am willing to try rebuilding but need some guidance finding docs on
    how to do the following:

    "It is possible to IPL to Dedicated Service Tools (DST), and use
    Display/Alter/Dump to change the SCPF job structure so that a new
    process queue space PQS will be created."

    Thanks,

    Jessica

  4. Re: SRC B9003E30 and can't keep the system up

    On Apr 23, 10:58*am, Jessica wrote:
    > On Apr 23, 6:48*am, iseriesflorida wrote:
    >

    > > On Apr 21, 1:12*pm, Jessica wrote:

    > > > Hi,

    > > > I'm getting a SRC B9003E30 on my 9406-170 running V5R2. Looking on
    > > > IBMLINK, the only post I can find on this SRC states that there is a
    > > > problem with the SCPF process queue space, which is one of the job
    > > > structures for SCPF, but I am not sure how to reconcile that.

    > > > I am able to boot the system normal or manual and it will lock shortly
    > > > after it comes fully up. I have narrowed it down to the following
    > > > causing the problem to NOT happen:

    > > > 1. Do a manual boot and select 1 to Perform an IPL
    > > > 2. Sign On with QSECOFR
    > > > 3. On the IPL Options panel select YES to Clear Incomplete Job Logs
    > > > and leave the rest at defaults.

    > > > If I do not clear the Incomplete Job Logs the system hangs no matter
    > > > what else I do.

    > > > Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am having trouble
    > > > tracking down the problem and do not have support on this old box
    > > > anymore.

    > > > Thanks!

    > > > Jessica

    > > I found this online:

    > > Problem Summary:
    > > Why would a Power Down the System ( PWRDWNSYS ) command, following a
    > > storage utilization, jump to 99.9%, first hang at a D9002790 then with
    > > a subsequent IPL hang at a B9003E30?

    > > Resolution:
    > > Basically, the system ran out of storage, and SCPF function checked
    > > and ended. SCPF archives the QHST files and often is the first job to
    > > crash due to storage problems.

    > > With no SCPF process, the PWRDWNSYS will hang forever at D9002790. The
    > > system will have to be powered off from the control panel.

    > > The B9003E30 states that there is a problem with the SCPF process
    > > queue space, which is one of the job structures for SCPF.

    > > It is possible to IPL to Dedicated Service Tools (DST), and use
    > > Display/Alter/Dump to change the SCPF job structure so that a new
    > > process queue space PQS will be created.- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi,
    >
    > Yes, this is the article I snipped from in my original post. However,
    > I don't get the D9002790 or have a problem with the pwrdwnsys hanging.
    > I am willing to try rebuilding but need some guidance finding docs on
    > how to do the following:
    >
    > "It is possible to IPL to Dedicated Service Tools (DST), and use
    > Display/Alter/Dump to change the SCPF job structure so that a new
    > process queue space PQS will be created."
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jessica- Hide quoted text -

    I would start a service tool and take option 4 and see what you can
    figure out. I take it you do not have an IBM maintenance contract for
    help.

  5. Re: SRC B9003E30 and can't keep the system up

    How much free disk space do you have ? When did you last run
    RCLSTG ?

  6. Re: SRC B9003E30 and can't keep the system up

    On Apr 23, 11:46*am, Graybeard wrote:
    > How much free disk space do you have ? * *When did you last run
    > RCLSTG ?

    I have 62% of System ASP used and have done a RCLSTG with no change
    unfortunately. I did take a look at the service tools, but without a
    guide, am hesitant to muck with too much in there.

    Thanks again for your ideas!

    Jessica

+ Reply to Thread