Question about default printing? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Question about default printing? - IBM AS400 ; Hello. System printer AND userprofile printer are both PRTABC. If a user printers over a application the spool goes to PRT01. According to my Programer there are no Printer specifications in the application. Can someone tell me why this spool ...

  1. Question about default printing?

    Hello.

    System printer AND userprofile printer are both PRTABC.

    If a user printers over a application the spool goes to PRT01.

    According to my Programer there are no Printer specifications in the
    application.

    Can someone tell me why this spool goes to PRT01?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Question about default printing?

    il 15/04/2008 12.49, Scrive marsias 40652392:
    > Hello.
    >
    > System printer AND userprofile printer are both PRTABC.
    >
    > If a user printers over a application the spool goes to PRT01.
    >
    > According to my Programer there are no Printer specifications in the
    > application.
    >
    > Can someone tell me why this spool goes to PRT01?
    >

    > Thanks.

    What do you mean with "System printer"?
    I guess that PRT01 is the actual value in QPRTDEV sysval, put there
    PRTABC and see.

  3. Re: Question about default printing?

    Go to the iSeries Information center and read up on the topics with
    regard to determining where your output goes. How it works can be
    really complex.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v5r4/index.jsp
    Printing->Basic printing->Printing concepts->Controlling printing to
    output queue or printer

    --
    Rodney A Johnson
    Working on a new project.

    my employer, IBM. All responsibility for the statements
    sender.

  4. Re: Question about default printing?

    Hello.

    QPRTDEV= PRTABC
    USERPROFILE Printer = PRTABC
    JOBQEUE PRINTER = *USRPRF Printer

    The most spools of the users(same Jobd) goes to PRTABC, but a few
    spools goes to QPRINT, PRT01 or PC printer outq .

    As i mentioned above, there is no printer defined on the Applications
    code.

    Where can i search else?

    thanks.

  5. Re: Question about default printing?

    On Apr 17, 6:53*am, marsias wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > QPRTDEV= PRTABC
    > USERPROFILE Printer = PRTABC
    > JOBQEUE PRINTER = *USRPRF Printer
    >
    > The most spools of the users(same Jobd) goes to PRTABC, but a few
    > spools goes to QPRINT, PRT01 or PC printer outq .
    >
    > As i mentioned above, there is no printer defined on the Applications
    > code.
    >
    > Where can i search else?
    >
    > thanks.

    If you look at the spoolfiles with say wrksplf the file column usually
    contains the name of the printfile However its possible to override
    this so you could do 8 the page down to Device file & library.then
    using this find the printer file & from there DSPFD might give you the
    outq. You could also scan all the cl source for the ovrprtf command
    just in case the programmer has really made a temporary change to the
    outq for the printfile , & also chgjob for the same but at job level.

    HTH
    Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread