Box in the Display File - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Box in the Display File - IBM AS400 ; Hi, 1. I need a box (rectangular) in the display file record format and I have some text also in this. Can you please let me know how can I achieve this. Is there any function in DDS of Display ...

  1. Box in the Display File

    Hi,

    1. I need a box (rectangular) in the display file record format and I
    have some text also in this. Can you please let me know how can I
    achieve this. Is there any function in DDS of Display Files.

    2. I have one output field in a record format having the value of the
    total estimated pack time. And it should decrease second by second
    automatically and it should stop when it reaches zero. we have one
    input field also in the same record format. Can you please let me know
    how can I achieve this.

    I appreciate your help.

    Thanks,
    Chandu.

  2. Re: Box in the Display File

    il 15/04/2008 12.04, Scrive Chandoo 40652392:
    > Hi,
    >
    > 1. I need a box (rectangular) in the display file record format and I
    > have some text also in this. Can you please let me know how can I
    > achieve this. Is there any function in DDS of Display Files.

    Yes, the keyword is WINDOW at R level.

    > 2. I have one output field in a record format having the value of the
    > total estimated pack time. And it should decrease second by second
    > automatically and it should stop when it reaches zero. we have one
    > input field also in the same record format. Can you please let me know
    > how can I achieve this.

    Not automatically, you should have the program wait and redisplay the
    window with the value re-calculated.

  3. Re: Box in the Display File

    On Apr 15, 10:04 pm, Chandoo wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > 1. I need a box (rectangular) in the display file record format and I
    > have some text also in this. Can you please let me know how can I
    > achieve this. Is there any function in DDS of Display Files.

    If I understand you correctly, you are probably wanting to insert a
    window record into your DDS. If you're using SDA, select the window
    type when adding the new record.

    > 2. I have one output field in a record format having the value of the
    > total estimated pack time. And it should decrease second by second
    > automatically and it should stop when it reaches zero. we have one
    > input field also in the same record format. Can you please let me know
    > how can I achieve this.

    You'd need to modify your DSPF or override it to specify a maximum
    record wait time. Normally this is *NOMAX however you can make it
    some other figure. Once the display times out, control returns to
    your program where you can change the estimated time and redraw the
    display.

+ Reply to Thread