DUMP_PLAN_CACHE missing - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on DUMP_PLAN_CACHE missing - IBM AS400 ; We have some V5R4 partitions that don't seem to have the IBM-supplied stored procedure QSYS2.DUMP_PLAN_CACHE on them, as discussed in an article in MCPressOnline from 2006 ( http://tinyurl.com/5t8awc ). It also isn't on our V5R3 partitions, but I can't find ...

  1. DUMP_PLAN_CACHE missing

    We have some V5R4 partitions that don't seem to have the IBM-supplied
    stored procedure QSYS2.DUMP_PLAN_CACHE on them, as discussed in an
    article in MCPressOnline from 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/5t8awc). It also
    isn't on our V5R3 partitions, but I can't find any indication that it is
    supposed to be.

    There is a procedure on the V5R4 partitions, ANALYZE_PLAN_CACHE, that
    undoubtedly is related, but I doubt it's an alias for the DUMP procedure.

    Can anybody suggest why DUMP_PLAN_CACHE would be missing?

  2. Re: DUMP_PLAN_CACHE missing

    On Apr 8, 4:05*pm, Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > We have some V5R4 partitions that don't seem to have the IBM-supplied
    > stored procedure QSYS2.DUMP_PLAN_CACHE on them, as discussed in an
    > article in MCPressOnline from 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/5t8awc). *It also
    > isn't on our V5R3 partitions, but I can't find any indication that it is
    > supposed to be.
    >
    > There is a procedure on the V5R4 partitions, ANALYZE_PLAN_CACHE, that
    > undoubtedly is related, but I doubt it's an alias for the DUMP procedure.
    >
    > Can anybody suggest why DUMP_PLAN_CACHE would be missing?

    Have you compiled the program and added it as an exit program??

  3. Re: DUMP_PLAN_CACHE missing

    jacko wrote:
    > On Apr 8, 4:05 pm, Jonathan Ball wrote:
    >> We have some V5R4 partitions that don't seem to have the IBM-supplied
    >> stored procedure QSYS2.DUMP_PLAN_CACHE on them, as discussed in an
    >> article in MCPressOnline from 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/5t8awc). It also
    >> isn't on our V5R3 partitions, but I can't find any indication that it is
    >> supposed to be.
    >>
    >> There is a procedure on the V5R4 partitions, ANALYZE_PLAN_CACHE, that
    >> undoubtedly is related, but I doubt it's an alias for the DUMP procedure.
    >>
    >> Can anybody suggest why DUMP_PLAN_CACHE would be missing?

    > Have you compiled the program

    It supposedly is supplied by IBM as part of DB2, so no, I haven't.

    > and added it as an exit program??

    It's not supposed to be an exit program.

  4. Re: DUMP_PLAN_CACHE missing

    Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > jacko wrote:
    >> On Apr 8, 4:05 pm, Jonathan Ball wrote:
    >>> We have some V5R4 partitions that don't seem to have the IBM-supplied
    >>> stored procedure QSYS2.DUMP_PLAN_CACHE on them, as discussed in an
    >>> article in MCPressOnline from 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/5t8awc). It also
    >>> isn't on our V5R3 partitions, but I can't find any indication that it is
    >>> supposed to be.
    >>>
    >>> There is a procedure on the V5R4 partitions, ANALYZE_PLAN_CACHE, that
    >>> undoubtedly is related, but I doubt it's an alias for the DUMP
    >>> procedure.
    >>>
    >>> Can anybody suggest why DUMP_PLAN_CACHE would be missing?

    >> Have you compiled the program

    > It supposedly is supplied by IBM as part of DB2, so no, I haven't.
    >
    >> and added it as an exit program??

    > It's not supposed to be an exit program.

    Google found this thread which sounds similar:
    http://archive.midrange.com/midrange.../msg00150.html

    The thread provides this link that may help recreate the proc:
    http://tinyurl.com/329k5q

    --
    Karl Hanson

  5. Re: DUMP_PLAN_CACHE missing

    There's an IBM Support Knowledgebase document titled: "QSQIBMCHK Tool Added to
    V5R4"

    To invoke the SYSIBM object verification tool for SYSBAS:
    CALL QSYS/QSQIBMCHK

    To recreate missing objects, refer to APAR SE27600. The steps are:
    SETASPGRP <*NONE or iasp>
    CHGJOB CCSID(37)
    CALL QSYS/QSQSYSIBM

    Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > We have some V5R4 partitions that don't seem to have the IBM-supplied
    > stored procedure QSYS2.DUMP_PLAN_CACHE on them, as discussed in an
    > article in MCPressOnline from 2006 (http://tinyurl.com/5t8awc). It also
    > isn't on our V5R3 partitions, but I can't find any indication that it is
    > supposed to be.
    >
    > There is a procedure on the V5R4 partitions, ANALYZE_PLAN_CACHE, that
    > undoubtedly is related, but I doubt it's an alias for the DUMP procedure.
    >
    > Can anybody suggest why DUMP_PLAN_CACHE would be missing?

    --
    Kent Milligan
    ISV Enablement - System i

    (opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)

+ Reply to Thread