SQL CREATE TABLE: size parameter - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on SQL CREATE TABLE: size parameter - IBM AS400 ; Hi all, creating a file with sql statement create table, it will be created with size(*nomax) as initial number of records; it would be a problem with disk space and I don't want. Does it exist a way to create ...

  1. SQL CREATE TABLE: size parameter

    Hi all,

    creating a file with sql statement create table, it will be created
    with size(*nomax) as initial number of records; it would be a problem
    with disk space and I don't want.

    Does it exist a way to create a table without *nomax as size
    parameter, but wiht an initial number as I want?

    Many thanks in advance,
    Fabrizio

  2. Re: SQL CREATE TABLE: size parameter

    *nomax does not consume or allocate any disk space. SIZE just defines
    the maximum the file is allowed to grow.

    An SQL table is implemented as a OS/400 file, so you can adjust the
    SIZE parameter with CHGPF command the same as if it were created with
    DDS.

    Denny

    On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 07:07:03 -0700 (PDT), bonfab@gmail.com wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >creating a file with sql statement create table, it will be created
    >with size(*nomax) as initial number of records; it would be a problem
    >with disk space and I don't want.
    >
    >Does it exist a way to create a table without *nomax as size
    >parameter, but wiht an initial number as I want?
    >
    >Many thanks in advance,
    >Fabrizio

  3. Re: SQL CREATE TABLE: size parameter

    I've never heard of this being an issue, you could always perform a CHGPF after
    the table is created.

    --
    Kent Milligan
    ISV Enablement - System i

    (opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)

+ Reply to Thread