Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface CPYTOIMPF command - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface CPYTOIMPF command - IBM AS400 ; This is the Command: CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LSPMPRDTA/LS600F) + TOSTMF('\KWIKTAG\KWIKTAG.TXT') + MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) + RCDDLM(*CRLF) STRDLM(*NONE) FLDDLM(X'05') When this is run in a nightly batch job, i get this error: Message . . . . : CPF2817 received by LS600C at 2300. ...

  1. Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface CPYTOIMPF command

    This is the Command:

    CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LSPMPRDTA/LS600F) +

    TOSTMF('\KWIKTAG\KWIKTAG.TXT') +

    MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) +

    RCDDLM(*CRLF) STRDLM(*NONE) FLDDLM(X'05')

    When this is run in a nightly batch job, i get this error:

    Message . . . . : CPF2817 received by LS600C at 2300. (C D I
    R)

    Cause . . . . . : Control language (CL) program LS600C in library
    LSPMPROBJ

    detected an error at statement number 2300. Message text for
    CPF2817 is:

    Copy command ended because of
    error.

    Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface

    No records copied from file LS600F in LSPMPRDTA.

    Copy command ended because of error.

    Function check. CPF2817 unmonitored by LS600C at statement 2300

    instruction X'0026'.

    CPF2817 received by LS600C at 2300. (C D I R)

    If i run this CL Program from a command line, i do not get any
    errors.

    Please Help.... Thank you,

    Kristi Kittell

  2. Re: Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface CPYTOIMPF command

    Kristi wrote:
    > This is the Command:
    >
    > CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LSPMPRDTA/LS600F) +
    >
    > TOSTMF('\KWIKTAG\KWIKTAG.TXT') +
    >
    > MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) +
    >
    > RCDDLM(*CRLF) STRDLM(*NONE) FLDDLM(X'05')
    >
    > When this is run in a nightly batch job, i get this error:
    >
    > Message . . . . : CPF2817 received by LS600C at 2300. (C D I
    > R)
    >
    > Cause . . . . . : Control language (CL) program LS600C in library
    > LSPMPROBJ detected an error at statement number 2300. Message text for
    > CPF2817 is:
    >
    > Copy command ended because of error.
    >
    > Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface
    >
    > No records copied from file LS600F in LSPMPRDTA.
    >
    > Copy command ended because of error.
    >
    > Function check. CPF2817 unmonitored by LS600C at statement 2300
    >
    > instruction X'0026'.
    >
    > CPF2817 received by LS600C at 2300. (C D I R)
    >
    > If i run this CL Program from a command line, i do not get any
    > errors.

    You probably should contact your IBM Service provider, as there may be a
    PTF that fixes the problem. It appears that CPYTOIMPF uses SQL CLI, and
    message SQ99999 is unexpected. SQ99999 has a reason code (check the job
    log), which may be of help in analyzing the problem when you report it,
    and (perhaps) finding an existing fix.

    ===> dspmsgd SQ99999 qsqlmsg

    --
    Karl Hanson

  3. Re: Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface CPYTOIMPF command

    Kristi wrote:
    > This is the Command:
    >

    > CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LSPMPRDTA/LS600F) +
    >
    > TOSTMF('\KWIKTAG\KWIKTAG.TXT') +
    >
    > MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) +
    >
    > RCDDLM(*CRLF) STRDLM(*NONE) FLDDLM(X'05')
    >

    > When this is run in a nightly batch job, i get this error:
    >

    > Message . . . . : CPF2817 received by LS600C at 2300. (C D I
    > R)
    >
    > Cause . . . . . : Control language (CL) program LS600C in library
    > LSPMPROBJ
    >
    > detected an error at statement number 2300. Message text for
    > CPF2817 is:
    >
    > Copy command ended because of
    > error.
    >
    > Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface
    >
    > No records copied from file LS600F in LSPMPRDTA.
    >
    > Copy command ended because of error.
    >
    > Function check. CPF2817 unmonitored by LS600C at statement 2300
    >
    > instruction X'0026'.
    >
    > CPF2817 received by LS600C at 2300. (C D I R)
    >

    > If i run this CL Program from a command line, i do not get any
    > errors.

    That makes it seem as if it might be an authority
    issue. The job might be running under a profile that
    doesn't have authority to the IFS file or the database
    file. Try changing the logging level of the batch job
    to show more information.

  4. Re: Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface CPYTOIMPF command

    In a job where a prior invocation was made to the CLI, the CPYTOIMPF
    will not work; I think, unless the prior invocation of the CLI were done
    with server mode. In earlier releases the only resolution was to change
    the prior invocation, or when the prior invocation was done by vendor
    code [i.e. code which is unable to be changed; including IBM code], then
    the resolution is to submit the export activity in a different unit of
    work. By v5r4 there may be some enhancements, if only for correcting
    some uses of IBM code to ensure server-mode; e.g. by BRMS (performed
    earlier in the same job).

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    Kristi wrote:
    > This is the Command:
    > CPYTOIMPF <>
    >
    > Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface
    >
    > <>
    >
    > If I run this CL Program from a command line, i do not get any errors.

  5. Re: Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface CPYTOIMPF command

    On Mar 8, 4:30 am, CRPence wrote:
    > In a job where a prior invocation was made to the CLI, the CPYTOIMPF
    > will not work; I think, unless the prior invocation of the CLI were done
    > with server mode. In earlier releases the only resolution was to change
    > the prior invocation, or when the prior invocation was done by vendor
    > code [i.e. code which is unable to be changed; including IBM code], then
    > the resolution is to submit the export activity in a different unit of
    > work. By v5r4 there may be some enhancements, if only for correcting
    > some uses of IBM code to ensure server-mode; e.g. by BRMS (performed
    > earlier in the same job).
    >
    > Regards, Chuck
    > --
    > All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind
    > whatsoever and may not represent positions, strategies, nor views of my
    > employer
    >
    > Kristi wrote:
    > > This is the Command:
    > > CPYTOIMPF <>

    > > Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface

    > > <>

    > > If I run this CL Program from a command line, i do not get any errors.

    Couldn't make head nor tail out of what Chuck wrote (sorry Chuck)
    however, I have experienced SQL failures with this command when run
    after certain BRMS functions after migrating to V5R3. IBMs response
    was that the CPYTOIMPF command had changed to use SQL and the SQL
    errors I was receiving were a permanent restriction. Anyway, if your
    CL program is issuing BRMS functions beforehand this is likely the
    cause - if the CL program is no longer using BRMS functions, you can
    reclaim the Q1ABRMS

  6. Re: Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface CPYTOIMPF command

    On Mar 8, 4:30 am, CRPence wrote:
    > In a job where a prior invocation was made to the CLI, the CPYTOIMPF
    > will not work; I think, unless the prior invocation of the CLI were done
    > with server mode. In earlier releases the only resolution was to change
    > the prior invocation, or when the prior invocation was done by vendor
    > code [i.e. code which is unable to be changed; including IBM code], then
    > the resolution is to submit the export activity in a different unit of
    > work. By v5r4 there may be some enhancements, if only for correcting
    > some uses of IBM code to ensure server-mode; e.g. by BRMS (performed
    > earlier in the same job).
    >
    > Regards, Chuck
    > --
    > All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind
    > whatsoever and may not represent positions, strategies, nor views of my
    > employer
    >
    > Kristi wrote:
    > > This is the Command:
    > > CPYTOIMPF <>

    > > Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface

    > > <>

    > > If I run this CL Program from a command line, i do not get any errors.

    OK, my last post got accidentally sent before completing/reviewing (no
    idea what keyboard combination did that!) :-(
    What I was going to say is you could reclaim the Q1ABRMS activation
    group if the CL program is no longer using BRMS functions.

  7. Re: Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface CPYTOIMPF command

    On Mar 7, 9:32 am, Kristi wrote:
    > This is the Command:
    >
    > CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(LSPMPRDTA/LS600F) +
    >
    > TOSTMF('\KWIKTAG\KWIKTAG.TXT') +
    >
    > MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) +
    >
    > RCDDLM(*CRLF) STRDLM(*NONE) FLDDLM(X'05')
    >
    > When this is run in a nightly batch job, i get this error:
    >
    > Message . . . . : CPF2817 received by LS600C at 2300. (C D I
    > R)
    >
    > Cause . . . . . : Control language (CL) program LS600C in library
    > LSPMPROBJ
    >
    > detected an error at statement number 2300. Message text for
    > CPF2817 is:
    >
    > Copy command ended because of
    > error.
    >
    > Error Occurred in SQL Call Level Interface
    >
    > No records copied from file LS600F in LSPMPRDTA.
    >
    > Copy command ended because of error.
    >
    > Function check. CPF2817 unmonitored by LS600C at statement 2300
    >
    > instruction X'0026'.
    >
    > CPF2817 received by LS600C at 2300. (C D I R)
    >
    > If i run this CL Program from a command line, i do not get any
    > errors.
    >
    > Please Help.... Thank you,
    >
    > Kristi Kittell

    The user of the batch job needs authority to the SQL Create Alias sub-
    command.
    IBM changed CPYTOIMPF after V5R2 to bring us this "functionality"

    Rico

+ Reply to Thread