trouble installing Licensed Program 5722AC3 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on trouble installing Licensed Program 5722AC3 - IBM AS400 ; I am having trouble installing the 5722AC3 Crypto Access Provider Licensed Program. The machine is V5R2 and the 5722AC3 is for V5R3. Could that be an issue? My reason for installing is that I need to do a secure FTP ...

  1. trouble installing Licensed Program 5722AC3

    I am having trouble installing the 5722AC3 Crypto Access Provider
    Licensed Program. The machine is V5R2 and the 5722AC3 is for V5R3.
    Could that be an issue? My reason for installing is that I need to do
    a secure FTP transmission

    Here's What happens:

    - GO LICPGM
    - 11 Instal Licensed Programs
    - Add 5722AC# *all to the list
    - Install from OPT01, programs and language objects, no IPL
    - It copies temporary files and then proceeds to install.
    - Install fails and sends be back to work with licensed programs

    Here is the display history log:
    Licensed program installation process started.
    Cancel or no more valid volumes was selected for an inquiry message.
    Objects for product 5722AC3 option *BASE release V5R3M0 not restored.
    *LNG objects for licensed program 5722AC3 option *BASE not installed.
    Licensed program installation failed.

    Any thoughts or ideas??

  2. Re: trouble installing Licensed Program 5722AC3

    That product matches the OS level on each of those releases. My
    suggestion... Upgrade the operating system to V5R3M0, then install that
    V5R3M0 Licensed Program Product.

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    dave.kilpatrick@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am having trouble installing the 5722AC3 Crypto Access Provider
    > Licensed Program. The machine is V5R2 and the 5722AC3 is for V5R3.
    > Could that be an issue? <>
    > Any thoughts or ideas??

  3. Re: trouble installing Licensed Program 5722AC3

    On Jan 28, 10:37*am, CRPence wrote:
    > * *That product matches the OS level on each of those releases. *My
    > suggestion... Upgrade the operating system to V5R3M0, then install that
    > V5R3M0 Licensed Program Product.
    >
    > Regards, Chuck
    > --
    > * All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind
    > whatsoever and may not represent positions, strategies, nor views of my
    > employer
    >

    > dave.kilpatr...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I am having trouble installing the 5722AC3 Crypto Access Provider
    > > Licensed Program. *The machine is V5R2 and the 5722AC3 is for V5R3.
    > > Could that be an issue? <>
    > > Any thoughts or ideas??- Hide quoted text -

    From what I read, AC3 replaced AC2 at V5R2. To install either product
    has a slew of other products that need to be installed. It could be
    you do not have the other products installed and it is then crashing
    on you because of that reason.

  4. Re: trouble installing Licensed Program 5722AC3

    FWiW: AC3 product details at v5r3 and v5r2 in a wrapped [2-line] view:

    _ ID Option Feature Description_
    _Type Library Release_
    5722AC3 *BASE 5050 Crypto Access Provider 128-bit
    *CODE QCAP3 V5R3M0
    5722AC3 *BASE 5050 Crypto Access Provider 128-bit for AS/400
    *CODE QCAP3 V5R2M0

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    jacko wrote:
    > <>
    >
    > From what I read, AC3 replaced AC2 at V5R2. To install either
    > product has a slew of other products that need to be installed.
    > It could be you do not have the other products installed and it
    > is then crashing on you because of that reason.

  5. Re: trouble installing Licensed Program 5722AC3

    Does anyone have a save file they could post or email to me of the
    V5R2 version?

    On Jan 28, 1:03*pm, CRPence wrote:
    > * *FWiW: AC3 product details at v5r3 and v5r2 in a wrapped [2-line] view:
    >
    > * _ *ID * * Option *Feature *Description_
    > * * * *_Type * Library * * Release_
    > * 5722AC3 * *BASE * *5050 * *Crypto Access Provider 128-bit
    > * * * **CODE * QCAP3 * * * V5R3M0
    > * 5722AC3 * *BASE * *5050 * *Crypto Access Provider 128-bit for AS/400
    > * * * **CODE * QCAP3 * * * V5R2M0
    >
    > Regards, Chuck
    > --
    > * All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind
    > whatsoever and may not represent positions, strategies, nor views of my
    > employer
    >

    > jacko wrote:
    > > <>

    > > From what I read, AC3 replaced AC2 at V5R2. *To install either
    > > product has a slew of other products that need to be installed.
    > > It could be you do not have the other products installed and it
    > > is then crashing on you because of that reason.- Hide quoted text -

  6. Re: trouble installing Licensed Program 5722AC3

    dave.kilpatrick@gmail.com écrivait dans news:b454eab3-5598-4e19-9948-
    2ca3dc4e2480@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com ce qui suit:

    Hello Dave

    > Does anyone have a save file they could post or email to me of the
    > V5R2 version?

    You can find a zip file of the savf (for a 2924 language) here:
    http://dl.free.fr/j9zw2Iq4B/AC3V5R2.SAVF.zip

    --
    Cordialement
    Marc Rauzier