Check from iSeries if PC app is installed - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Check from iSeries if PC app is installed - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I'm running a Client Access session to work on my iSeries (V5R4M0). At one point, in my 5250 session, I have to run a PC software (BosaNova Launcher). Some PC may have Launcher installed, others not. I would like ...

  1. Check from iSeries if PC app is installed

    Hi,

    I'm running a Client Access session to work on my iSeries (V5R4M0). At
    one point, in my 5250 session, I have to run a PC software (BosaNova
    Launcher).

    Some PC may have Launcher installed, others not. I would like to check
    beforehands if Launcher is installed on the PC. If not, I would only
    disable the function key calling Launcher.

    Is there an easy way to check from a 5250 Client Access session if a
    software is currently installed on the PC?

    Thx

    Jack

  2. Re: Check from iSeries if PC app is installed

    On Jan 25, 10:42*am, Jack wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running a Client Access session to work on my iSeries (V5R4M0). At
    > one point, in my 5250 session, I have to run a PC software (BosaNova
    > Launcher).
    >
    > Some PC may have Launcher installed, others not. I would like to check
    > beforehands if Launcher is installed on the PC. If not, I would only
    > disable the function key calling Launcher.
    >
    > Is there an easy way to check from a 5250 Client Access session if a
    > software is currently installed on the PC?
    >
    > Thx
    >
    > Jack

    maybe look at using strpccmd

+ Reply to Thread