CPF3BCE - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on CPF3BCE - IBM AS400 ; Hello group. We have a pgm that run the SNDDST TYPE(*DOC) TOINTNET(([email address]) DOC([docName]) FLR([folder]) comand. This program run good all of the time's but not always. Any time when de cl run the snddst comand, it crahs with the ...

  1. CPF3BCE

    Hello group.

    We have a pgm that run the SNDDST TYPE(*DOC) TOINTNET(([email address])
    DOC([docName]) FLR([folder]) comand.
    This program run good all of the time's but not always.

    Any time when de cl run the snddst comand, it crahs with the CPF3BCE error.

    We see that the crash is for the file, but we don't now whats the problem
    Any suggestion?

  2. Re: CPF3BCE

    On Jan 25, 9:48*am, wrote:
    > Hello group.
    >
    > We have a pgm that run the SNDDST * * TYPE(*DOC) TOINTNET(([email address])
    > DOC([docName]) FLR([folder]) comand.
    > This program run good all of the time's but not always.
    >
    > Any time when de cl run the snddst comand, it crahs with the CPF3BCE error..
    >
    > We see that the crash is for the file, but we don't now whats the problem
    > Any suggestion?

    I did:
    dspmsgd CPF3BCE
    which gives this:
    Message text . . . . . . . . : One or more document profile fields
    contains i
    nvalid character data.
    You can then do option 1 which suggests you have some DBCS data in
    your document.
    I dont know anything about DBCS, but I have managed to use the SNDDST
    command to send binary data created by jar, ie a zip file. Maybe it
    dosnt really contain DBCS but the codepage implies that. I have had
    many hours of fun trying to switch these around to get a consistent
    return. One old problem was splitting of large attachments, which
    required a data area creating to stop it. I think this vanished around
    V5.2?

    HTH
    Jonathan.

  3. Re: CPF3BCE

    The APAR SE06373 for V5R1 describes the symptom for a narrow-view
    use. However if the symptom being seen is for the same /from program/,
    that may indicate the APAR is applicable. The resolution for that APAR
    is applicable _since_ the v5r1 with the PTF SI05743; i.e. later releases
    where the enablement exists, but there will be no PTF. Refer to the
    cover letter, irrespective of release, to see if it might apply. The
    problem described in the APAR+PTF is for when the document subject [and
    or message; generated by an exit program] contains DBCS data -- and the
    PTF provides a way to override that data, which would imply that if the
    origin is actually determined to be DBCS, in response to the error
    condition the enabled run-time /circumvention/ can be employed.

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    rootmad@rootmad.com wrote:
    > We have a pgm that run the SNDDST TYPE(*DOC) TOINTNET(([email address])
    > DOC([docName]) FLR([folder]) comand.
    > This program run good all of the time's but not always.
    >
    > Any time when de cl run the snddst comand, it crahs with the CPF3BCE error.
    >
    > We see that the crash is for the file, but we don't now whats the problem
    > Any suggestion?

+ Reply to Thread