Do not try to add four drives to your ASP - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Do not try to add four drives to your ASP - IBM AS400 ; Tried this today and the system saw it as me wanting to create a new RAID set. IBM said if I had only put in three or less drives I could have added them to the existing RAID without IPL. ...

  1. Do not try to add four drives to your ASP

    Tried this today and the system saw it as me wanting to create a new RAID
    set. IBM said if I had only put in three or less drives I could have added
    them to the existing RAID without IPL.

    I am now in for a late night coming back to the office after everyone has
    gone home and the night jobs are done....

    Ouch.

  2. Re: Do not try to add four drives to your ASP

    On Jan 23, 3:58*pm, "Bob Mgr" wrote:
    > Tried this today and the system saw it as me wanting to create a new RAID
    > set. IBM said if I had only put in three or less drives I could have added
    > them to the existing RAID without IPL.
    >
    > I am now in for a late night coming back to the office after everyone has
    > gone home and the night jobs are done....
    >
    > Ouch.

    Uff Da!!!!

    That was a gotcha I was unaware of .....(rochester has not been
    sending me memos lately).......Uh, in fact upon reviewing my
    paperwork, they have never sent me memos.

    In solidarity,
    Ron

  3. Re: Do not try to add four drives to your ASP

    On Jan 23, 3:58*pm, "Bob Mgr" wrote:
    > Tried this today and the system saw it as me wanting to create a new RAID
    > set. IBM said if I had only put in three or less drives I could have added
    > them to the existing RAID without IPL.
    >
    > I am now in for a late night coming back to the office after everyone has
    > gone home and the night jobs are done....
    >
    > Ouch.

    Do you need just three drives installed? Or did you mean to (and need
    to) add four?

    Scott

  4. Re: Do not try to add four drives to your ASP

    for some more reading,
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...i5os/index.jsp
    search for "raid optimization"

    --