information presented by DSPFD command - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on information presented by DSPFD command - IBM AS400 ; Hello, I received SQL0803 message durring update of table T. Unique index or unique constraint exists. SYSCSTDEP and SYSINDEXES catalog views contain no information for constraint and index. However, using DSPDBR and DSPFD command, I found information about unique key ...

  1. information presented by DSPFD command

    Hello,

    I received SQL0803 message durring update of table T. Unique index or unique
    constraint exists. SYSCSTDEP and SYSINDEXES catalog views contain no
    information for constraint and index. However, using DSPDBR and DSPFD
    command, I found information about unique key values required for logical
    files related to table/file T.

    Which catalogs view contains information related to data presented by DSPFD
    for logical file ?

    regards
    Pegaz.

  2. Re: information presented by DSPFD command

    The SQL catalog VIEWs SYSCSTDEP and SYSCST should include the
    constraints. The TABLE where the data comes from is the System Database
    Cross-Reference file QADBFCST in QSYS; shown in the CREATE VIEW
    statement text for those VIEWs.

    A unique index, unless it is a SQL INDEX, does not appear in
    SYSINDEXES. According to the CREATE VIEW statement text, the selection
    from the System Database Cross-Reference file QADBXREF in QSYS has in
    its WHERE clause: DBXATR = 'IX'

    I infer from the scenario that there may be an intermixing of SQL and
    DDS created logical files; that the unique logical file is DDS created,
    rather than an SQL INDEX. To include both SQL and DDS created files in
    a query of the database cross-reference, create a different VIEW to be
    referenced [a VIEW which does not exclude non-SQL objects], query the
    Database Cross-References files directly, or refer to the
    self-describing information extracted from the objects themselves [e.g.
    the DSPDBR and DSPFD; or equivalent APIs],

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    Pegaz wrote:
    > I received SQL0803 message during update of table T. "Unique index
    > or unique constraint exists". SYSCSTDEP and SYSINDEXES catalog views
    > contain no information for constraint and index. However, using
    > DSPDBR and DSPFD command, I found information about unique key
    > values required for logical files related to table/file T.
    >
    > Which catalogs view contains information related to data presented
    > by DSPFD for logical file ?

+ Reply to Thread