Is there has "Signoff Exit Point" - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Is there has "Signoff Exit Point" - IBM AS400 ; Dear all, I would like to write a program to disable or change password of some specified user profile when the specified user is signing off. The best way I think is to register the program to the "Signoff Exit ...

  1. Is there has "Signoff Exit Point"

    Dear all,

    I would like to write a program to disable or change password of some
    specified user profile when the specified user is signing off. The
    best way I think is to register the program to the "Signoff Exit
    Point" if there has such exit point. Unfortunately, I can't found it.

    So did anyone knows whether AS/400 has such similar function / exit
    point, or whether and how I can add such exit point?

    Thank you very much,
    Happy New Year,
    Hei

  2. Re: Is there has "Signoff Exit Point"

    On Jan 4, 5:30*am, Hei wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I would like to write a program to disable or change password of some
    > specified user profile when the specified user is signing off. The
    > best way I think is to register the program to the "Signoff Exit
    > Point" if there has such exit point. Unfortunately, I can't found it.
    >
    > So did anyone knows whether AS/400 has such similar function / exit
    > point, or whether and how I can add such exit point?
    >
    > Thank you very much,
    > Happy New Year,
    > Hei

    Use WRKREGINF command to find these:

    QIBM_QSY_CHG_PROFILE CHGP0100 *YES Change User Profile -
    after c
    QIBM_QSY_CHG_PROFILE CHGP0200 *YES Change User Profile -
    before

    You will have to have your own exit program written.

    Not sure if these will work or not. You could always run CL against
    the signoff command I guess as well once it was envoked.

  3. Re: Is there has "Signoff Exit Point"

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...%22+exit+point

    Exit point . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QIBM_QWT_JOBNOTIFY
    Exit point format . . . . . . . . . . : NTFY0100
    Text description . . . . . . . . . . . : Job Notification

    That may be a bit overkill for a single specific instance. Not sure
    from the comments just what the full requirements are. But if this is
    for a temporary signon into an interactive subsystem, a request program,
    routing program, initial program, commitment control notify object,
    either alone or in combination may be able to effect the change.

    I know in the past some have effectively replaced the QSYS/SIGNOFF
    command; take care in any method to effect that... read up on past
    experiences, and any updates to methods of effecting; e.g. use of the
    QIBM_QCA_CHG_COMMAND versus an alternate QSYS in *SYSLIBL et al, like in
    http://osdir.com/ml/lang.as400.mi/2005-07/msg00009.html

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    Hei wrote:

    > I would like to write a program to disable or change password of some
    > specified user profile when the specified user is signing off. The
    > best way I think is to register the program to the "Signoff Exit
    > Point" if there has such exit point. Unfortunately, I can't found it.
    >
    > So did anyone knows whether AS/400 has such similar function / exit
    > point, or whether and how I can add such exit point?

  4. Re: Is there has "Signoff Exit Point"

    hi Jacko,

    Thanks for your input, but this is the change user profile exit point.
    I was use this to check whether it is default password when admin
    reset someone's p/w, but not work in this case.

    Thanks anyway.

    > Use WRKREGINF command to find these:
    >
    > *QIBM_QSY_CHG_PROFILE *CHGP0100 * * *YES * * Change User Profile -
    > after c
    > *QIBM_QSY_CHG_PROFILE *CHGP0200 * * *YES * * Change User Profile -
    > before
    >
    > You will have to have your own exit program written.
    >
    > Not sure if these will work or not. *You could always run CL against
    > the signoff command I guess as well once it was envoked.

  5. Re: Is there has "Signoff Exit Point"

    Hi CRPence,

    Thanks for your information, this exit point is useful, but seems I
    need a monitor job together with this exit point. The problem is the
    monitor job can easily be killed by operator to prevent what I want to
    do (disable the specified user).

    I was also considered to replace the signoff command, but what if the
    user not use the signoff command to quit? The user can simply power
    off the terminal or terminate the 5250 session without signoff.

    Because this the the audit related program, I will need to consider
    any possible breakthough actions, and seems these are not the best
    chioce in this moment.

    Thanks,
    Hei

    On 1月5日, 上午2時53分, CRPence wrote:
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...%22+exit+point
    >
    > Exit point . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QIBM_QWT_JOBNOTIFY
    > Exit point format . . . . . . . . . . : NTFY0100
    > Text description . . . . . . . . . . . : Job Notification
    >
    > That may be a bit overkill for a single specific instance. Not sure
    > from the comments just what the full requirements are. But if this is
    > for a temporary signon into an interactive subsystem, a request program,
    > routing program, initial program, commitment control notify object,
    > either alone or in combination may be able to effect the change.
    >
    > I know in the past some have effectively replaced the QSYS/SIGNOFF
    > command; take care in any method to effect that... read up on past
    > experiences, and any updates to methods of effecting; e.g. use of the
    > QIBM_QCA_CHG_COMMAND versus an alternate QSYS in *SYSLIBL et al, like inhttp://osdir.com/ml/lang.as400.mi/2005-07/msg00009.html
    >
    > Regards, Chuck
    > --
    > All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind
    > whatsoever and may not represent positions, strategies, nor views of my
    > employer
    >

    > Hei wrote:
    >
    > > I would like to write a program to disable or change password of some
    > > specified user profile when the specified user is signing off. The
    > > best way I think is to register the program to the "Signoff Exit
    > > Point" if there has such exit point. Unfortunately, I can't found it.

    > > So did anyone knows whether AS/400 has such similar function / exit
    > > point, or whether and how I can add such exit point?- 隱藏被引用文字 -

    > - 顯示被引用文字 -

  6. Re: Is there has "Signoff Exit Point"

    Hei wrote:

    > Thanks for your information, this exit point is useful, but seems I
    > need a monitor job together with this exit point. The problem is the
    > monitor job can easily be killed by operator to prevent what I want to
    > do (disable the specified user).

    > Because this the the audit related program, I will need to consider
    > any possible breakthough actions, and seems these are not the best
    > chioce in this moment.

    Review the possible use of the Send Scope Message (QMHSNDSM) API in your
    'monitor' program:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...s/QMHSNDSM.htm

    When your monitor job starts, it can send a message scoped to *JOB. The
    message can then be processed whenever the job is ended. The scope
    handling program can decide whether to restart the monitor job or not.
    E.g., it would restart the monitor unless the system was being ended or
    other reasons that you choose.

    --
    Tom Liotta
    http://zap.to/tl400