Connecting iSeries outq to file and print windows printer queue - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Connecting iSeries outq to file and print windows printer queue - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I want to be able to connect my iSeries outq's directly to the Windows File and Print printer queues instead of directly going to the printer. I have set up the usual remote printers etc.... Any ideas. Thanks David...

  1. Connecting iSeries outq to file and print windows printer queue

    Hi,

    I want to be able to connect my iSeries outq's directly to the Windows
    File and Print printer queues instead of directly going to the
    printer.

    I have set up the usual remote printers etc....

    Any ideas.

    Thanks
    David

  2. Re: Connecting iSeries outq to file and print windows printer queue

    > Hi,

    Hi :-)

    > I want to be able to connect my iSeries outq's directly to the Windows
    > File and Print printer queues instead of directly going to the
    > printer.

    > I have set up the usual remote printers etc....

    > Any ideas.

    1) share your printer with the name you like (i.e.: "myprinter") in
    Windows network,
    2) install Unix printing servicies on Windows client (NT/2K/XP)and make
    it start automatically,
    3) open 515 tcp port on windows firewall (if any).

    At this point you may change your remote out queue to point to
    yourpc.yournet.dom, "yourprinter".

    > Thanks
    > David

    HTH
    Stefano P.

    --
    "Niuna impresa, per minima che sia,
    può avere cominciamento e fine senza queste tre cose:

    (togliere le "pinzillacchere" dall'indirizzo email ;-)

  3. Re: Connecting iSeries outq to file and print windows printer queue

    On Jan 1, 11:23*pm, dft wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to be able to connect my iSeries outq's directly to the Windows
    > File and Print *printer queues instead of directly going to the
    > printer.
    >
    > I have set up the usual remote printers etc....
    >
    > Any ideas.
    >
    > Thanks
    > David

    David,

    You might also want to look at RPM from www.brooksnet.com . It
    provides the capability to print to Windows printers and also capture
    print files.

    We offer at tool OctoTools www.OctoTools.com that allows you to take
    print output:
    *Reformat it to have electronic forms
    *Replace special forms and NCR paper
    *Archive output to PDF
    *Burst output (by acct or department) for distribution
    *Also send via fax or email automatically
    *Convert reports to Excel spreadsheets

    Please contact me for more information

    Murray Bob
    murray at jbmsystems.com
    978-535-7676
    978-

  4. Re: Connecting iSeries outq to file and print windows printer queue

    On Jan 3, 1:00*am, mur...@jbmsystems.com wrote:
    > On Jan 1, 11:23*pm, dft wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I want to be able to connect my iSeries outq's directly to the Windows
    > > File and Print *printer queues instead of directly going to the
    > > printer.

    > > I have set up the usual remote printers etc....

    > > Any ideas.

    > > Thanks
    > > David

    > David,
    >
    > You might also want to look at RPM fromwww.brooksnet.com. *It
    > provides the capability to print to Windows printers and also capture
    > print files.
    >
    > We offer at tool OctoTools *www.OctoTools.comthat allows you to take
    > print output:
    > *Reformat it to have electronic forms
    > *Replace special forms and NCR paper
    > *Archive output to PDF
    > *Burst output (by acct or department) for distribution
    > *Also send via fax or email automatically
    > *Convert reports to Excel spreadsheets
    >
    > Please contact me for more information
    >
    > Murray Bob
    > murray at jbmsystems.com