undelete - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on undelete - IBM AS400 ; Hi there, I frequently use WRKDBF for all kind of things. Now I have a file containing about 100.000 rec's and 14.000 of them have been deleted by accident. They still reside in the file. The file has not been ...

  1. undelete

    Hi there,

    I frequently use WRKDBF for all kind of things. Now I have a file containing
    about 100.000 rec's and 14.000 of them have been deleted by accident. They
    still reside in the file. The file has not been reorganized.
    Now I can "undelete" them one by one with WRKDBF, but does anyone of you out
    there know of a command to undelete all deleted records in a file?

    TIA
    Ace

  2. Re: undelete

    I found it. WRKDBFUNDL will undelete all deleted records in a file.

    Thanks,
    Ace

    Ace wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I frequently use WRKDBF for all kind of things. Now I have a file
    > containing about 100.000 rec's and 14.000 of them have been deleted
    > by accident. They still reside in the file. The file has not been
    > reorganized. Now I can "undelete" them one by one with WRKDBF, but does
    > anyone of
    > you out there know of a command to undelete all deleted records in a
    > file?
    > TIA
    > Ace

  3. Re: undelete

    Ace wrote:

    > I frequently use WRKDBF for all kind of things. Now I have a file containing
    > about 100.000 rec's and 14.000 of them have been deleted by accident. They
    > still reside in the file. The file has not been reorganized.
    > Now I can "undelete" them one by one with WRKDBF, but does anyone of you out
    > there know of a command to undelete all deleted records in a file?

    I normally use the RMVJRNCHG command.

    BTW, will WRKDBF undelete work at V6R1? Anybody tested it?

    --
    Tom Liotta
    http://zap.to/tl400

  4. Re: undelete

    I know there has been some hassle with the UNDELM program. If you google for
    it you will find another one to be doenloaded. That one will work in later
    versions than V5R1.

    Ace

    Thomas wrote:
    > Ace wrote:
    >
    >> I frequently use WRKDBF for all kind of things. Now I have a file
    >> containing about 100.000 rec's and 14.000 of them have been deleted
    >> by accident. They still reside in the file. The file has not been
    >> reorganized. Now I can "undelete" them one by one with WRKDBF, but does
    >> anyone of
    >> you out there know of a command to undelete all deleted records in a
    >> file?

    > I normally use the RMVJRNCHG command.
    >
    > BTW, will WRKDBF undelete work at V6R1? Anybody tested it?

  5. Re: undelete

    The version of WRKDBF I have is V10.11.04. It's compiled on V4R2 and
    has no creation data so it won't convert on V6R1.

    Unless someone has a version compiled on V5R1 or with creation data,
    looks like WRKDBF itself has hit a brick wall.

    However, UNDEL2 works on V6R1. It's available at:

    http://dbg400.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view.../UndelVersion2

    and

    http://www.think400.dk/downloads.htm

    It's compiled on V4R3 without creation data, so it won't convert as is,
    but it can be compiled on V6R1 from the included source (RPGLE & CLLE).

    It includes source for a pgm UNALL which undeletes all deleted recs in a
    physical file.

    --Dave

    Thomas wrote:
    > Ace wrote:
    >
    >> I frequently use WRKDBF for all kind of things. Now I have a file
    >> containing about 100.000 rec's and 14.000 of them have been deleted by
    >> accident. They still reside in the file. The file has not been
    >> reorganized.
    >> Now I can "undelete" them one by one with WRKDBF, but does anyone of
    >> you out there know of a command to undelete all deleted records in a
    >> file?

    > I normally use the RMVJRNCHG command.
    >
    > BTW, will WRKDBF undelete work at V6R1? Anybody tested it?

  6. Re: undelete

    Where did you get that version. I only have V10.10.03

    Thx
    Ace

    Dave McKenzie wrote:
    > The version of WRKDBF I have is V10.11.04. It's compiled on V4R2 and
    > has no creation data so it won't convert on V6R1.
    >
    > Unless someone has a version compiled on V5R1 or with creation data,
    > looks like WRKDBF itself has hit a brick wall.
    >
    > However, UNDEL2 works on V6R1. It's available at:
    >
    > http://dbg400.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view.../UndelVersion2
    >
    > and
    >
    > http://www.think400.dk/downloads.htm
    >
    > It's compiled on V4R3 without creation data, so it won't convert as
    > is, but it can be compiled on V6R1 from the included source (RPGLE &
    > CLLE).
    >
    > It includes source for a pgm UNALL which undeletes all deleted recs
    > in a physical file.
    >
    > --Dave
    >
    > Thomas wrote:
    >> Ace wrote:
    >>
    >>> I frequently use WRKDBF for all kind of things. Now I have a file
    >>> containing about 100.000 rec's and 14.000 of them have been deleted
    >>> by accident. They still reside in the file. The file has not been
    >>> reorganized.
    >>> Now I can "undelete" them one by one with WRKDBF, but does anyone of
    >>> you out there know of a command to undelete all deleted records in a
    >>> file?

    >> I normally use the RMVJRNCHG command.
    >>
    >> BTW, will WRKDBF undelete work at V6R1? Anybody tested it?

  7. Re: undelete

    I think I got it from the now defunct www.wrkdbf.com site. It was a
    "service pack" to V10.10.03. You can see it on the Wayback Machine:

    http://web.archive.org/web/200503060.../download.html

    --Dave

    Ace wrote:
    > Where did you get that version. I only have V10.10.03
    >
    > Thx
    > Ace
    >

    > Dave McKenzie wrote:
    >> The version of WRKDBF I have is V10.11.04. It's compiled on V4R2 and
    >> has no creation data so it won't convert on V6R1.
    >>
    >> Unless someone has a version compiled on V5R1 or with creation data,
    >> looks like WRKDBF itself has hit a brick wall.
    >>
    >> However, UNDEL2 works on V6R1. It's available at:
    >>
    >> http://dbg400.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view.../UndelVersion2
    >>
    >> and
    >>
    >> http://www.think400.dk/downloads.htm
    >>
    >> It's compiled on V4R3 without creation data, so it won't convert as
    >> is, but it can be compiled on V6R1 from the included source (RPGLE &
    >> CLLE).
    >>
    >> It includes source for a pgm UNALL which undeletes all deleted recs
    >> in a physical file.
    >>
    >> --Dave
    >>
    >> Thomas wrote:

    >>> I normally use the RMVJRNCHG command.
    >>>
    >>> BTW, will WRKDBF undelete work at V6R1? Anybody tested it?

+ Reply to Thread