Carriage return in Domino message - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Carriage return in Domino message - IBM AS400 ; Hi All, I am using MS Access to send an email via Notes on a Domino server. I'm trying to add a bit of formatting to the text. I would like to add a carriage return to the end of ...

  1. Carriage return in Domino message

    Hi All,

    I am using MS Access to send an email via Notes on a Domino server.
    I'm trying to add a bit of formatting to the text. I would like to
    add a carriage return to the end of the line of text so my columns
    line up, but I can't find the correct coding. All of the text just
    runs together. Any ideas?

    Thanks for your time,
    Chris M.

  2. Re: Carriage return in Domino message

    On Nov 21, 7:07 am, mcescher wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am using MS Access to send an email via Notes on a Domino server.
    > I'm trying to add a bit of formatting to the text. I would like to
    > add a carriage return to the end of the line of text so my columns
    > line up, but I can't find the correct coding. All of the text just
    > runs together. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    > Chris M.

    X'0D0A'
    0D=CR
    0A=LF

  3. Re: Carriage return in Domino message

    On Nov 21, 10:28 am, qgenes...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > On Nov 21, 7:07 am, mcescher wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,

    > > I am using MS Access to send an email via Notes on a Domino server.
    > > I'm trying to add a bit of formatting to the text. I would like to
    > > add a carriage return to the end of the line of text so my columns
    > > line up, but I can't find the correct coding. All of the text just
    > > runs together. Any ideas?

    > > Thanks for your time,
    > > Chris M.

    > X'0D0A'
    > 0D=CR
    > 0A=LF

    Thanks for the quick response. Ok, so how do I code that in VBA? (M$
    Access)

    I've tried
    strEMText = strEMText & strLine & &H0D0A
    strEMText = strEMText & strLine & "X'0D0A'"
    &H0D & &H0A
    vbCrLF
    "/par /pard"
    "\n"
    "\nl"
    "/n"
    "/nl"

    and a few more that I can't remember. What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks,
    Chris M.

  4. Re: Carriage return in Domino message

    - Was carriage return (CR) plus line feed (LF) tried? x'0D0A'
    - Code/designate the email as HTML instead of plain text?

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    mcescher wrote:
    > I am using MS Access to send an email via Notes on a Domino server.
    > I'm trying to add a bit of formatting to the text. I would like to
    > add a carriage return to the end of the line of text so my columns
    > line up, but I can't find the correct coding. All of the text just
    > runs together. Any ideas?

  5. Re: Carriage return in Domino message

    I was going to suggest a MS forum might be the best bet, but a quick
    google search yielded the following link, for a search on:
    VBA "line feed" carriage hex

    From: http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12529
    msg = "First Message Line"
    msg = msg & "%0A" & "2nd message Line"

    So, presumably:
    strEMText = strEMText & strLine & "%0A"

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    mcescher wrote:
    > On Nov 21, 10:28 am, qgenes...@hotmail.com wrote:
    >> On Nov 21, 7:07 am, mcescher wrote:
    >>
    >>> <>

    >> X'0D0A'
    >> 0D=CR
    >> 0A=LF

    > Thanks for the quick response. Ok, so how do I code that in VBA?
    > (M$ Access)
    >
    > I've tried
    > strEMText = strEMText & strLine & &H0D0A
    > strEMText = strEMText & strLine & "X'0D0A'"
    > &H0D & &H0A
    > vbCrLF
    > "/par /pard"
    > "\n"
    > "\nl"
    > "/n"
    > "/nl"
    >
    > and a few more that I can't remember. What am I doing wrong?

+ Reply to Thread