Mix and match DASD on a model 810? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Mix and match DASD on a model 810? - IBM AS400 ; I have four slots open on my controller - I've got eight 35GB 4326-072 drives currently installed and going to add four more,. But can I go for the 70GB drives instead? How can I tell if my controller is ...

  1. Mix and match DASD on a model 810?

    I have four slots open on my controller - I've got eight 35GB 4326-072
    drives currently installed and going to add four more,. But can I go for the
    70GB drives instead? How can I tell if my controller is capable? I am just
    looking to get at least 100GB more usable disk space.

  2. Re: Mix and match DASD on a model 810?

    On Nov 19, 6:59 pm, "just bob" wrote:
    > I have four slots open on my controller - I've got eight 35GB 4326-072
    > drives currently installed and going to add four more,. But can I go for the
    > 70GB drives instead? How can I tell if my controller is capable? I am just
    > looking to get at least 100GB more usable disk space.

    I would refer to the latest iSeries System Builder. Do a search on
    your disk controller to see it's maximum capacities. I believe any
    controller you have installed in an 810 will support the 4327's. Just
    make sure you are current on your cumulative and HIPER PTF's before
    adding new disk types.

+ Reply to Thread