IFS shares and Macintosh - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on IFS shares and Macintosh - IBM AS400 ; I have created an IFS share on our iSeries (V5R4) for use in our small network. On windows PCs we have no problems whatsoever. However on a couple of Macintoshes (OSX 10.4) we can access the share, but we cannot ...

  1. IFS shares and Macintosh

    I have created an IFS share on our iSeries (V5R4) for use in our small
    network. On windows PCs we have no problems whatsoever. However on a
    couple of Macintoshes (OSX 10.4) we can access the share, but we cannot
    see more than 30 objects in any folder.

    I have seen posts where this is an issue for other non-Winodw SMB
    shares, not just iSeries/AS400.

    Has anyone run across this before and is there a solution?

  2. Re: IFS shares and Macintosh

    On Nov 16, 7:46 pm, Thomas Hauber wrote:
    > I have created an IFS share on our iSeries (V5R4) for use in our small
    > network. On windows PCs we have no problems whatsoever. However on a
    > couple of Macintoshes (OSX 10.4) we can access the share, but we cannot
    > see more than 30 objects in any folder.
    >
    > I have seen posts where this is an issue for other non-Winodw SMB
    > shares, not just iSeries/AS400.
    >
    > Has anyone run across this before and is there a solution?

    Never tried to export SMB on an iSeries at all, but have successfully
    used NFS. You could try exporting the share with NFS and mounting on
    the Mac using the info here:

    http://mactechnotes.blogspot.com/200...client_31.html

    Hope that helps.

    Garry