Upload to AS400 using VB - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Upload to AS400 using VB - IBM AS400 ; I've got a little program written in VBA, which takes some data from an Excel file and uploads to a physical file on our AS400. The program works fine, except that the user is obliged to complete the login screen ...

  1. Upload to AS400 using VB

    I've got a little program written in VBA, which takes some data from
    an Excel file and uploads to a physical file on our AS400.

    The program works fine, except that the user is obliged to complete
    the login screen in order to carry out the upload request. I thus
    amended the prompt properties and hardcoded the id and password into
    the code. As far as I can tell this works, and I'm logged into the
    sytem as should be, but now I get the following error, when running
    the final "upload" method.

    "A conversion error has occurred during the tretament of the transfer
    demand".

    The only differnce between my program working and not working is this
    lack of user id/ password prompt. Anbody have any thoughts on why this
    is occurring?

    Note that the error I've displayed is a translation from French, since
    I am using French software.

    Thanks

    Mohsen

  2. Re: Upload to AS400 using VB

    Maybe it's your auditors blocking the hard coding of the password.

    --
    Doug

    "mo_in_france" wrote in message
    > I've got a little program written in VBA, which takes some data from
    > an Excel file and uploads to a physical file on our AS400.
    >
    > The program works fine, except that the user is obliged to complete
    > the login screen in order to carry out the upload request. I thus
    > amended the prompt properties and hardcoded the id and password into
    > the code. As far as I can tell this works, and I'm logged into the
    > sytem as should be, but now I get the following error, when running
    > the final "upload" method.
    >
    > "A conversion error has occurred during the tretament of the transfer
    > demand".
    >
    > The only differnce between my program working and not working is this
    > lack of user id/ password prompt. Anbody have any thoughts on why this
    > is occurring?
    >
    > Note that the error I've displayed is a translation from French, since
    > I am using French software.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mohsen

+ Reply to Thread