RTVDSKINF question - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on RTVDSKINF question - IBM AS400 ; Hi. I've just run RTVDSKINF. On Disk Space Report I see thet over 25% of my disks space is used for "Temporary space". Can anybody explain me what is Temporary space ??? Tomasz...

  1. RTVDSKINF question

    Hi.
    I've just run RTVDSKINF. On Disk Space Report I see thet over 25% of my
    disks space is used for "Temporary space".

    Can anybody explain me what is Temporary space ???

    Tomasz

  2. Re: RTVDSKINF question

    tomasz wrote in news:fguf44$k8k$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl:

    > Hi.
    > I've just run RTVDSKINF. On Disk Space Report I see thet over 25% of my
    > disks space is used for "Temporary space".
    >
    > Can anybody explain me what is Temporary space ???
    >
    > Tomasz

    it is also in WRKSYSSTS (Current unprotect used)
    from that help:
    Current unprotected storage used: The current amount
    (in millions of bytes) of storage in use for temporary
    objects.

    from the Software Knowledge BAse:
    http://tinyurl.com/34dj7b

    IPL the system should lower this Temporary Space

    --
    Ad,

    What's The Use Of Getting Sober
    (When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again)

  3. Re: RTVDSKINF question

    Ad pisze:
    > tomasz wrote in news:fguf44$k8k$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl:
    >
    >> Hi.
    >> I've just run RTVDSKINF. On Disk Space Report I see thet over 25% of my
    >> disks space is used for "Temporary space".
    >>
    >> Can anybody explain me what is Temporary space ???
    >>
    >> Tomasz

    > it is also in WRKSYSSTS (Current unprotect used)
    > from that help:
    > Current unprotected storage used: The current amount
    > (in millions of bytes) of storage in use for temporary
    > objects.
    >
    > from the Software Knowledge BAse:
    > http://tinyurl.com/34dj7b
    >
    > IPL the system should lower this Temporary Space

    Thank you for information.

    Tomasz

+ Reply to Thread