HMC /FSP Ptfs : How to apply - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on HMC /FSP Ptfs : How to apply - IBM AS400 ; Have HMC with Dual FSP running Version 6 andSF235 ...As of now i think SF240 PTf is available. What is the process to apply PTFs to FSP ? Do i need to bring the whole footprint down to apply PTF ...

  1. HMC /FSP Ptfs : How to apply

    Have HMC with Dual FSP running Version 6 andSF235 ...As of now i think
    SF240 PTf is available.
    What is the process to apply PTFs to FSP ?
    Do i need to bring the whole footprint down to apply PTF even though I
    have Dual FSP ?
    Can these PTfs be downloaded or does IBM need to send them on CD's

    Thks in advance

  2. Re: HMC /FSP Ptfs : How to apply

    You can download them as an .ISO file. This file then needs to be
    burned on a DVD-RAM (regular DVD's don't work). The HMC can be
    updated while the LPAR's are running. Eventually you will need to IPL
    the LPAR's to get everything updated, but it can be done later.

  3. Re: HMC /FSP Ptfs : How to apply

    San wrote in news:1194420432.231998.150950@
    50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

    > Have HMC with Dual FSP running Version 6 andSF235 ...As of now i think
    > SF240 PTf is available.
    > What is the process to apply PTFs to FSP ?
    > Do i need to bring the whole footprint down to apply PTF even though I
    > have Dual FSP ?
    > Can these PTfs be downloaded or does IBM need to send them on CD's
    >
    > Thks in advance

    I think 235 to 240 is disruptive

    http://www-
    912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/c32447c09fb9a1f186256a6c00504227/c20647218d46
    55d786257315007b3e82?OpenDocument

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/2zm2ev

    --