Send file from V5R4 to V3R7 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Send file from V5R4 to V3R7 - IBM AS400 ; Recently we upgraded to V5R4, but we still have other application run on V3R7 and we need to FTP some files from V5R4 system to V3R7 system everyday. In V5R4, we can't SAVE files to target release V3R7. Is there ...

  1. Send file from V5R4 to V3R7

    Recently we upgraded to V5R4, but we still have other application run
    on V3R7 and we need to FTP some files from V5R4 system to V3R7 system
    everyday. In V5R4, we can't SAVE files to target release V3R7. Is
    there an alternate solution?

  2. Re: Send file from V5R4 to V3R7

    rainbowjw@gmail.com wrote:
    > Recently we upgraded to V5R4, but we still have other application run
    > on V3R7 and we need to FTP some files from V5R4 system to V3R7 system
    > everyday. In V5R4, we can't SAVE files to target release V3R7. Is
    > there an alternate solution?

    you cannot send entire files (objects) using savf. But you can send data of
    files.

    ff

  3. Re: Send file from V5R4 to V3R7

    You could try SAVS36F which still seems to be supported at V5R4. This in
    effect just saves the data as ff suggests.

    Peter Kinsman

    wrote in message
    news:1194322428.875522.11210@z24g2000prh.googlegro ups.com...
    > Recently we upgraded to V5R4, but we still have other application run
    > on V3R7 and we need to FTP some files from V5R4 system to V3R7 system
    > everyday. In V5R4, we can't SAVE files to target release V3R7. Is
    > there an alternate solution?

+ Reply to Thread