HMC Reboot - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on HMC Reboot - IBM AS400 ; Anyone now how to reboot one of these, I thought I would see it under HMC Management, nope....

  1. HMC Reboot

    Anyone now how to reboot one of these, I thought I would see it under
    HMC Management, nope.

  2. Re: HMC Reboot

    jacko écrivait dans
    news:1194263557.595339.156790@o80g2000hse.googlegr oups.com ce qui suit:

    > Anyone now how to reboot one of these, I thought I would see it under
    > HMC Management, nope.

    From the local session, you have an option to reboot when closing the
    Window.

    When connected remotely, you have to open an ssh session and enter the
    command hmcshutdown (with the appropriate options -t now to shutdown
    immediately and -r to reboot)

    --
    Cordialement
    Marc Rauzier

  3. Re: HMC Reboot

    On Nov 5, 8:07 am, Marc Rauzier wrote:
    > jacko écrivait dansnews:1194263557.595339.156790@o80g2000hse.goog legroups.comce qui suit:
    >
    > > Anyone now how to reboot one of these, I thought I would see it under
    > > HMC Management, nope.

    > From the local session, you have an option to reboot when closing the
    > Window.
    >
    > When connected remotely, you have to open an ssh session and enter the
    > command hmcshutdown (with the appropriate options -t now to shutdown
    > immediately and -r to reboot)
    >
    > --
    > Cordialement
    > Marc Rauzier
    > (pour me répondre, ne pas utiliser le from mais le reply-to)

    so it would be hmcshutdown -t -r

  4. Re: HMC Reboot

    jacko écrivait dans
    news:1194277532.245648.247150@i13g2000prf.googlegr oups.com ce qui
    suit:

    >> > Anyone now how to reboot one of these, I thought I would see it
    >> > under HMC Management, nope.

    >> From the local session, you have an option to reboot when closing
    >> the Window.
    >>
    >> When connected remotely, you have to open an ssh session and
    >> enter the command hmcshutdown (with the appropriate options -t
    >> now to shutdown immediately and -r to reboot)
    >>

    > so it would be hmcshutdown -t -r

    hmcshutdown -t now -r

    see http://tinyurl.com/3dzpa4

    --
    Cordialement
    Marc Rauzier
    (pour me répondre, ne pas utiliser le from mais le reply-to)

  5. Re: HMC Reboot

    On Nov 5, 11:18 am, Marc Rauzier wrote:
    > jacko écrivait dansnews:1194277532.245648.247150@i13g2000prf.goog legroups.comce qui
    > suit:

    > >> From the local session, you have an option to reboot when closing
    > >> the Window.

    > >> When connected remotely, you have to open an ssh session and
    > >> enter the command hmcshutdown (with the appropriate options -t
    > >> now to shutdown immediately and -r to reboot)

    > > so it would be hmcshutdown -t -r

    > hmcshutdown -t now -r
    >
    > seehttp://tinyurl.com/3dzpa4
    >
    > --
    > Cordialement
    > Marc Rauzier
    > (pour me répondre, ne pas utiliser le from mais le reply-to)

    Thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread