How to configure access to remote via external proxy - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on How to configure access to remote via external proxy - IBM AS400 ; Hi, For outbound http traffic we need to go via an external proxy. We send a soap request via this route: AS400 ==> External proxy ==> remote site We have looked all over on internet but it is strangely quiet ...

  1. How to configure access to remote via external proxy

    Hi,

    For outbound http traffic we need to go via an external proxy. We send
    a soap request via this route:

    AS400 ==> External proxy ==> remote site

    We have looked all over on internet but it is strangely quiet on this
    topic. We find a lot on how to configure the AS400 as a proxy server,
    but this is not what we want.

    What and how must we configure the above scenario? Has it something to
    do with proxy-chaining?

    Thanks
    Tom

  2. Re: How to configure access to remote via external proxy

    histor64@gmail.com writes:

    > For outbound http traffic we need to go via an external proxy. We send
    > a soap request via this route:

    Either the native TCP/IP layer on the iSeries need to know about the
    proxy, your application doing the soap request must know how to
    speak proxy-language or you put in a transparent translator box.

    The easiest is probably configuring the application, and if that fails
    then look into a small Linux-PC doing transparent http proxying. See
    http://tldp.org/HOWTO/TransparentProxy.html to get started (it is old,
    but it should get you started).

    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen