RPG Excel - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on RPG Excel - IBM AS400 ; Has anyone used RPGExcel from www.rpgexcel.com We need an affordable method of creating true Excel files from RPG. At current, we basically create webpages and save then as .xls files. Ok, for view only, but causes problems when if we ...

  1. RPG Excel

    Has anyone used RPGExcel from www.rpgexcel.com

    We need an affordable method of creating true Excel files from RPG.

    At current, we basically create webpages and save then as .xls files.
    Ok, for view only, but causes problems when if we try to manipulate
    the data in Excel and resave the spreadsheet.

  2. Re: RPG Excel

    I can't vouch for rpgexcel.com, but you shoud try same technique
    writing as XML instead as HTML and saving as .XLS. Note that this only
    works for recent versions of Excel and may ask you an extra
    confirmation question when you save document.

    example:
    http://tinyurl.com/q7v9h

    On Oct 27, 4:34 pm, eb wrote:
    > Has anyone used RPGExcel fromwww.rpgexcel.com
    >
    > We need an affordable method of creating true Excel files from RPG.
    >
    > At current, we basically create webpages and save then as .xls files.
    > Ok, for view only, but causes problems when if we try to manipulate
    > the data in Excel and resave the spreadsheet.

  3. Re: RPG Excel

    On Oct 28, 10:06 pm, itp wrote:
    > I can't vouch for rpgexcel.com, but you shoud try same technique
    > writing as XML instead as HTML and saving as .XLS. Note that this only
    > works for recent versions of Excel and may ask you an extra
    > confirmation question when you save document.
    >
    > example:http://tinyurl.com/q7v9h
    >
    > On Oct 27, 4:34 pm, eb wrote:
    >

    > > Has anyone used RPGExcel fromwww.rpgexcel.com

    > > We need an affordable method of creating true Excel files from RPG.

    > > At current, we basically create webpages and save then as .xls files.
    > > Ok, for view only, but causes problems when if we try to manipulate
    > > the data in Excel and resave the spreadsheet.- Hide quoted text -

    I have ran across these commands if you could use them google for
    them:

    CPYFTOCSV
    CVTPFXLS

    I am not sure if this will suffice what your looking to do.

  4. Re: RPG Excel

    After downloading and looking at the files associated with RPGEXCEL it
    looks like they may have taken the Jakarta POI .jar files and created
    some Iseries installation documentation and RPG wrappers.

    I'll play with it for the 30 day trial period.

    On Oct 28, 10:06 pm, itp wrote:
    > I can't vouch for rpgexcel.com, but you shoud try same technique
    > writing as XML instead as HTML and saving as .XLS. Note that this only
    > works for recent versions of Excel and may ask you an extra
    > confirmation question when you save document.
    >
    > example:http://tinyurl.com/q7v9h

  5. Re: RPG Excel

    "itp" skrev i en meddelelse
    news:1193623593.719208.176890@o38g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    >I can't vouch for rpgexcel.com, but you shoud try same technique
    > writing as XML instead as HTML and saving as .XLS. Note that this only
    > works for recent versions of Excel and may ask you an extra
    > confirmation question when you save document.
    >
    > example:
    > http://tinyurl.com/q7v9h
    >

    > On Oct 27, 4:34 pm, eb wrote:
    >> Has anyone used RPGExcel fromwww.rpgexcel.com
    >>
    >> We need an affordable method of creating true Excel files from RPG.
    >>
    >> At current, we basically create webpages and save then as .xls files.
    >> Ok, for view only, but causes problems when if we try to manipulate
    >> the data in Excel and resave the spreadsheet.

    These magazine articles may also be of interest:

    http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?50@@.6ae8269f
    http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?14@1...4707@.6b16ef2b

    http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/resour...Issue&ID=19277
    http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/resour...Issue&ID=19336
    http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/resour...Issue&ID=19591
    http://www.systeminetwork.com/artarc...713/index.html

  6. Re: RPG Excel

    Our RPG2SQL Integrator product lets you read/write Excel spreadsheets
    directly from any RPG program.

    The product's main use is for reading/writing SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle and
    other PC databases, however the RPG2Excel functions work nicely.

    For more info, please take a look at our web site or feel free to contact me
    directly.

    Regards,
    Richard Schoen
    RJS Software Systems Inc.
    "Get the information you need. Now!"
    Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
    Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
    Tel: (952) 898-3038
    Fax: (952) 898-1781
    Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

    "eb" wrote in message
    news:1193517280.183766.194050@z9g2000hsf.googlegro ups.com...
    > Has anyone used RPGExcel from www.rpgexcel.com
    >
    > We need an affordable method of creating true Excel files from RPG.
    >
    > At current, we basically create webpages and save then as .xls files.
    > Ok, for view only, but causes problems when if we try to manipulate
    > the data in Excel and resave the spreadsheet.

+ Reply to Thread