SNDDST - Send Mail with Attachment - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on SNDDST - Send Mail with Attachment - IBM AS400 ; We want to send a document from QDLS with SNDDST-Command from iSeries (V5R3) to different receivers. The domino server (v 7) is on the same iSeries, the configuration seems to be OK, the mails arrives at their destination. But one ...

  1. SNDDST - Send Mail with Attachment

    We want to send a document from QDLS with SNDDST-Command from iSeries
    (V5R3) to different receivers.
    The domino server (v 7) is on the same iSeries, the configuration seems
    to be OK, the mails arrives at their destination.
    But one receiver says that the attachment data come without a filename
    what's a problem for him. this receiver doesn't use a standard
    mailprogram like notes, thunderbird or outlook. he has a special
    development for his business.

    may i influence the filename from the attached file when we send with
    SNDDST?

    any other ideas?

    Thanks,
    Carsten

  2. Re: SNDDST - Send Mail with Attachment

    On Oct 25, 12:19 pm, Carsten Tierock wrote:
    > We want to send a document from QDLS with SNDDST-Command from iSeries
    > (V5R3) to different receivers.
    > The domino server (v 7) is on the same iSeries, the configuration seems
    > to be OK, the mails arrives at their destination.
    > But one receiver says that the attachment data come without a filename
    > what's a problem for him. this receiver doesn't use a standard
    > mailprogram like notes, thunderbird or outlook. he has a special
    > development for his business.
    >
    > may i influence the filename from the attached file when we send with
    > SNDDST?
    >
    > any other ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Carsten

    Have you thought about using something like Python to send the mail?
    The mail library is standard in Python, never used it on OS/400, but
    have on many other platforms, very flexible and powerful.

    Garry

  3. Re: SNDDST - Send Mail with Attachment

    On Oct 25, 12:19 pm, Carsten Tierock wrote:
    > We want to send a document from QDLS with SNDDST-Command from iSeries
    > (V5R3) to different receivers.
    > The domino server (v 7) is on the same iSeries, the configuration seems
    > to be OK, the mails arrives at their destination.
    > But one receiver says that the attachment data come without a filename
    > what's a problem for him. this receiver doesn't use a standard
    > mailprogram like notes, thunderbird or outlook. he has a special
    > development for his business.
    >
    > may i influence the filename from the attached file when we send with
    > SNDDST?
    >
    > any other ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Carsten

    I get filenames OK - the email contains this text:
    --PART.BOUNDARY.1

    I dont know enough about mime headers to know if this differs at all
    from the standard so maybe their email retreival tool is unable to
    adapt to minor changes & needs a little attention?

    HTH
    Jonathan

  4. Re: SNDDST - Send Mail with Attachment

    Carsten Tierock wrote:
    > We want to send a document from QDLS with SNDDST-Command from iSeries
    > (V5R3) to different receivers.
    > The domino server (v 7) is on the same iSeries, the configuration seems
    > to be OK, the mails arrives at their destination.
    > But one receiver says that the attachment data come without a filename
    > what's a problem for him. this receiver doesn't use a standard
    > mailprogram like notes, thunderbird or outlook. he has a special
    > development for his business.
    >
    > may i influence the filename from the attached file when we send with
    > SNDDST?
    >
    > any other ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Carsten

    I would say find a better email client than SNDDST. It's quite poor and
    unreliable. I quite using it years ago after pulling all my hair out,
    and wrote my own client that I sell at www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html.

    Two options with it.. the first is using the standard MAILTOOL product
    and having mail delivered with the IBM SMTP server.

    Because I also didn't care for the IBM SMTP server and MSF I also have
    the MAILTOOL Plus option built into MAILTOOL which bypasses the IBM SMTP
    server.

    Brad
    www.bvstools.com

  5. Re: SNDDST - Send Mail with Attachment

    Carsten Tierock wrote:
    > We want to send a document from QDLS with SNDDST-Command from iSeries
    > (V5R3) to different receivers.
    > The domino server (v 7) is on the same iSeries, the configuration
    > seems to be OK, the mails arrives at their destination.
    > But one receiver says that the attachment data come without a filename
    > what's a problem for him. this receiver doesn't use a standard
    > mailprogram like notes, thunderbird or outlook. he has a special
    > development for his business.
    >
    > may i influence the filename from the attached file when we send with
    > SNDDST?
    >
    > any other ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Carsten

    Or use SNDM from that japanese guy UZAEMON. It's totally free to use and
    works like a charm.
    Sources are included. Check out his website
    http://homepage1.nifty.com/uzaemon/
    and download the SNDM software.

    Pjotr

+ Reply to Thread