host code page 1025 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on host code page 1025 - IBM AS400 ; Hallo iSeries (or System i) gurus, I need adn advice - we set our iSeries Access clients to host page 1025 (cyrillic), keybord 443 - Russia and font Courier. We normally type (and display) texts in cyrillic into database with ...

  1. host code page 1025

    Hallo iSeries (or System i) gurus,

    I need adn advice - we set our iSeries Access clients to host page
    1025 (cyrillic), keybord 443 - Russia and font Courier. We normally
    type (and display) texts in cyrillic into database with CCSID 870. We
    have a little problem - some characters (totally 4 characters) are
    stored into database with bad hexadecimal code (an example - cyrillic
    X with hexa code CA is stored in database with hexa code E1). When we
    transfer this database on another AS/400, interpretation og this
    characters is bad. Are there any "inner" transalation table 1025-
    >870 ? I thought that there isn't any translation and characters are

    stored into database with their origin hexadecimal code.
    Thanks very much.
    Fifin

  2. Re: host code page 1025

    "fifin" a écrit dans le message de news:
    1193231089.987079.78520@k35g2000prh.googlegroups.c om...
    > Hallo iSeries (or System i) gurus,
    >
    > I need adn advice - we set our iSeries Access clients to host page
    > 1025 (cyrillic), keybord 443 - Russia and font Courier. We normally
    > type (and display) texts in cyrillic into database with CCSID 870. We
    > have a little problem - some characters (totally 4 characters) are
    > stored into database with bad hexadecimal code (an example - cyrillic
    > X with hexa code CA is stored in database with hexa code E1). When we
    > transfer this database on another AS/400, interpretation og this
    > characters is bad. Are there any "inner" transalation table 1025-
    >>870 ? I thought that there isn't any translation and characters are

    > stored into database with their origin hexadecimal code.
    > Thanks very much.
    > Fifin

    Hi,

    Wich QCCSID system value do you use on our different AS400 ?
    If this value is 65535, (default) OS/400 don't make conversion.

    But be careful, change this value has many consequences. You must have a
    look about a lot of objects CCSID.
    For example, if packed numeric data are stored in string field, (ERP...)
    this data will be translate when transfered... (humm..not very well)

    best regards,

    FF (highvalue.fr)

+ Reply to Thread