400 to PC program and setup - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on 400 to PC program and setup - IBM AS400 ; I am in a situation where I am running a 400 session on a PC, and from my session, based on this and that, I want to make the speaker attached to the sound card beep a long tone, and ...

  1. 400 to PC program and setup

    I am in a situation where I am running a 400 session on a PC, and from
    my session, based on this and that, I want to make the speaker
    attached to the sound card beep a long tone, and send a signal to it
    to stop beeping if the error is corrected-------

    Anyone got any idea of what I need to do?

    Thanks,

    Ron

  2. Re: 400 to PC program and setup

    il 24/10/2007 18.57, Scrive qgenesist@hotmail.com 40391104:
    > I am in a situation where I am running a 400 session on a PC, and from
    > my session, based on this and that, I want to make the speaker
    > attached to the sound card beep a long tone, and send a signal to it
    > to stop beeping if the error is corrected-------
    >
    > Anyone got any idea of what I need to do?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ron

    Loop writing a dspf record with the ALARM keyword enabled, when done
    exit loop.

  3. Re: 400 to PC program and setup

    qgenesist@hotmail.com writes:

    > I am in a situation where I am running a 400 session on a PC, and from
    > my session, based on this and that, I want to make the speaker
    > attached to the sound card beep a long tone, and send a signal to it
    > to stop beeping if the error is corrected-------
    >
    > Anyone got any idea of what I need to do?

    You will need to hook into the 5250 emulator you are using, to add the
    functionality you describe.

    See the documentation for your 5250 emulator to see what is possible.

    If you cannot tweak your emulator to do so, the tn5250j emulator is
    available with full Java source, so you can change whatever you need
    there.
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  4. Re: 400 to PC program and setup

    qgenesist wrote:

    > I am in a situation where I am running a 400 session on a PC, and from
    > my session, based on this and that, I want to make the speaker
    > attached to the sound card beep a long tone, and send a signal to it
    > to stop beeping if the error is corrected-------
    >
    > Anyone got any idea of what I need to do?

    Assuming an emulator that responds to 'beep' requests, a proc structured
    like this could be used:

    pgm

    dcl &hCmdBuf *char 4
    dcl &hLoLvlEnv *char 4
    dcl &ErrCod *char 8
    dcl &RtnVal *char 4

    callprc 'QsnBeep' ( +
    &hCmdBuf +
    &hLoLvlEnv +
    &ErrCod +
    ) +
    rtnval( +
    %bin( &RtnVal ) +
    )

    return

    endpgm

    You can compile that as a bound CL program to test it.

    Other than that, you might use STRPCCMD or RUNRMTCMD to send a START
    command and reference a sound file or call a local PC function that
    plays sounds. A PC START command should cause the sound file to play if
    it's a registered file type.

    --
    Tom Liotta
    http://zap.to/tl400

  5. Re: 400 to PC program and setup

    On Oct 24, 12:14 pm, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    wrote:
    > il 24/10/2007 18.57, Scrive qgenes...@hotmail.com 40391104:> I am in a situation where I am running a 400 session on a PC, and from
    > > my session, based on this and that, I want to make the speaker
    > > attached to the sound card beep a long tone, and send a signal to it
    > > to stop beeping if the error is corrected-------

    > > Anyone got any idea of what I need to do?

    > > Thanks,

    > > Ron

    > Loop writing a dspf record with the ALARM keyword enabled, when done
    > exit loop.
    >
    > --
    > Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    > Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    > Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'

    This does not produce sound on the as400 speaker from my as400 session

  6. Re: 400 to PC program and setup

    il 25/10/2007 23.06, Scrive qgenesist@hotmail.com 40386696:
    > On Oct 24, 12:14 pm, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    > wrote:
    >> il 24/10/2007 18.57, Scrive qgenes...@hotmail.com 40391104:> I am in a situation where I am running a 400 session on a PC, and from
    >>> my session, based on this and that, I want to make the speaker
    >>> attached to the sound card beep a long tone, and send a signal to it
    >>> to stop beeping if the error is corrected-------
    >>> Anyone got any idea of what I need to do?
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Ron

    >> Loop writing a dspf record with the ALARM keyword enabled, when done
    >> exit loop.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    >> Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    >> Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    >> schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'

    > This does not produce sound on the as400 speaker from my as400 session

    Why not? It does.
    I'm wondering what are you meaning with "the as400 speaker", as400 does
    not have a speaker.
    Look at this very simple example:
    this is the simplest dspf I can tink about:
    A R REC ALARM
    A 3 3'BEEP!'
    ad this is the program:
    PGM
    DCLF FILE(DSPF)
    LOOP: SNDRCVF RCDFMT(REC) WAIT(*NO)
    MONMSG MSGID(CPF0887) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(LOOPE))
    GOTO CMDLBL(LOOP)
    LOOPE: ENDPGM

    This program continuously beeps untill enter-key is pressed: this what I
    understood fro your question.
    Isn't it what you need?

  7. Re: 400 to PC program and setup

    Dr.UgoGagliardelli wrote:
    > il 25/10/2007 23.06, Scrive qgenesist 40386696:
    >> On Oct 24, 12:14 pm, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    >> wrote:
    >>> il 24/10/2007 18.57, Scrive qgenes...@hotmail.com 40391104:> I am in
    >>> a situation where I am running a 400 session on a PC, and from
    >>> Loop writing a dspf record with the ALARM keyword enabled, when done
    >>> exit loop.
    >>>

    >> This does not produce sound on the as400 speaker from my as400 session
    >>

    > Why not? It does.

    Dr. Ugo:

    Note that the Mocha emulator that I use here hasn't managed to make
    sounds either. I haven't determined if it's a configuration problem, a
    compatibility problem, a feature of the paid/licensed version or
    something else.

    Just adding a comment...

    --
    Tom Liotta
    http://zap.to/tl400

  8. Re: 400 to PC program and setup

    On Oct 26, 2:20 am, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    wrote:
    > il 25/10/2007 23.06, Scrive qgenes...@hotmail.com 40386696:
    >

    > > On Oct 24, 12:14 pm, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    > > wrote:
    > >> il 24/10/2007 18.57, Scrive qgenes...@hotmail.com 40391104:> I am in asituation where I am running a 400 session on a PC, and from
    > >> Loop writing a dspf record with the ALARM keyword enabled, when done
    > >> exit loop.

    > >> --
    > >> Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    > >> Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    > >> Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > >> schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'

    > > This does not produce sound on the as400 speaker from my as400 session

    > Why not? It does.
    > I'm wondering what are you meaning with "the as400 speaker", as400 does
    > not have a speaker.
    > Look at this very simple example:
    > this is the simplest dspf I can tink about:
    > A R REC ALARM
    > A 3 3'BEEP!'
    > ad this is the program:
    > PGM
    > DCLF FILE(DSPF)
    > LOOP: SNDRCVF RCDFMT(REC) WAIT(*NO)
    > MONMSG MSGID(CPF0887) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(LOOPE))
    > GOTO CMDLBL(LOOP)
    > LOOPE: ENDPGM
    >
    > This program continuously beeps untill enter-key is pressed: this what I
    > understood fro your question.
    > Isn't it what you need?
    >
    > --
    > Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    > Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    > Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'- Hide quotedtext -

    You have understood correctly, and that is almost the exact code I
    used, Ugo, and there is no anything coming from my PC Speaker. Only
    all the ugly windows xp sounds. I am on Client Access and am at 5.4

  9. Re: 400 to PC program and setup

    > Other than that, you might use STRPCCMD or RUNRMTCMD to send a START
    > command and reference a sound file or call a local PC function that
    > plays sounds. A PC START command should cause the sound file to play if
    > it's a registered file type.
    >
    > --
    > Tom Liottahttp://zap.to/tl400

    Tom and everyone else,

    The START plays a wav, (I used Bethoovens 9th--- so I am halfway home,
    do you know the command to loop or to end? where do I look that up?
    Not a big pc guy at all.

    The situation is our guys are using LS3478 barcode scanners in the
    warehouse and they have no way to be given commands. So they happily
    scan and beep UPCs even if I determine there is an error, the guys are
    not anywhere near the screen, so I want to send a continouous
    something informing them of the error from the pc speaker until they
    hit a F key or something and correct it.

    Thanks,
    Ron

  10. Re: 400 to PC program and setup

    Confirm that sound is turned on in Client Access.

    From the Emulator Tool Bar look under Edit Preferences,Appearence,
    Display Setup, Sound.

    Denny

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:43:45 -0700, qgenesist@hotmail.com wrote:

    >On Oct 26, 2:20 am, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    > wrote:
    >> il 25/10/2007 23.06, Scrive qgenes...@hotmail.com 40386696:

    >> > This does not produce sound on the as400 speaker from my as400 session

    >> Why not? It does.
    >> I'm wondering what are you meaning with "the as400 speaker", as400 does
    >> not have a speaker.
    >> Look at this very simple example:
    >> this is the simplest dspf I can tink about:
    >> A R REC ALARM
    >> A 3 3'BEEP!'
    >> ad this is the program:
    >> PGM
    >> DCLF FILE(DSPF)
    >> LOOP: SNDRCVF RCDFMT(REC) WAIT(*NO)
    >> MONMSG MSGID(CPF0887) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(LOOPE))
    >> GOTO CMDLBL(LOOP)
    >> LOOPE: ENDPGM
    >>
    >> This program continuously beeps untill enter-key is pressed: this what I
    >> understood fro your question.
    >> Isn't it what you need?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    >> Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    >> Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    >> schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'- Hide quoted text -

    >You have understood correctly, and that is almost the exact code I
    >used, Ugo, and there is no anything coming from my PC Speaker. Only
    >all the ugly windows xp sounds. I am on Client Access and am at 5.4

  11. Re: 400 to PC program and setup

    On Oct 26, 8:49 am, Denny wrote:
    > Confirm that sound is turned on in Client Access.
    >
    > From the Emulator Tool Bar look under Edit Preferences,Appearence,
    > Display Setup, Sound.
    >
    > Denny
    >

    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:43:45 -0700, qgenes...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > >On Oct 26, 2:20 am, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    > > wrote:
    > >> il 25/10/2007 23.06, Scrive qgenes...@hotmail.com 40386696:

    > >> Why not? It does.
    > >> I'm wondering what are you meaning with "the as400 speaker", as400 does
    > >> not have a speaker.
    > >> Look at this very simple example:
    > >> this is the simplest dspf I can tink about:
    > >> A R REC ALARM
    > >> A 3 3'BEEP!'
    > >> ad this is the program:
    > >> PGM
    > >> DCLF FILE(DSPF)
    > >> LOOP: SNDRCVF RCDFMT(REC) WAIT(*NO)
    > >> MONMSG MSGID(CPF0887) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(LOOPE))
    > >> GOTO CMDLBL(LOOP)
    > >> LOOPE: ENDPGM

    > >> This program continuously beeps untill enter-key is pressed: this whatI
    > >> understood fro your question.
    > >> Isn't it what you need?

    > >> --
    > >> Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñe joAlcoolInside
    > >> Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vão à merda
    > >> Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > >> schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'- Hide quoted text -

    > >You have understood correctly, and that is almost the exact code I
    > >used, Ugo, and there is no anything coming from my PC Speaker. Only
    > >all the ugly windows xp sounds. I am on Client Access and am at 5.4- Hide quoted text -

    have that on, and still no sound with the alarm keyword

+ Reply to Thread