5722-QU1 (Query/400) is being withdrawn 4th January 2008 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on 5722-QU1 (Query/400) is being withdrawn 4th January 2008 - IBM AS400 ; Hi all This is hot off the press. I thought that it was still going to be available alongside the GUI. Cheers Neil...

  1. 5722-QU1 (Query/400) is being withdrawn 4th January 2008

    Hi all

    This is hot off the press. I thought that it was still going to be
    available alongside the GUI.

    Cheers
    Neil

  2. Re: 5722-QU1 (Query/400) is being withdrawn 4th January 2008

    On Oct 24, 12:45 pm, Newbie_Neil wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > This is hot off the press. I thought that it was still going to be
    > available alongside the GUI.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Neil

    Do you have the link for this from IBM?? If true then this will
    probably not be offered up on V6R1.

  3. Re: 5722-QU1 (Query/400) is being withdrawn 4th January 2008

    il 24/10/2007 18.45, Scrive Newbie_Neil 40391104:
    > Hi all
    >
    > This is hot off the press. I thought that it was still going to be
    > available alongside the GUI.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Neil

    It will be replaced by 5722-QU2, that's able to convert *QRYDFN too.
    Customer with QU1 and sw-subcription will be eligible to get QU2 for free.
    BTW qmqry from 5722-ST1 will still be available.

  4. Re: 5722-QU1 (Query/400) is being withdrawn 4th January 2008

    Newbie_Neil wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > This is hot off the press. I thought that it was still going to be
    > available alongside the GUI.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Neil

    It is my understanding as a IBM BP that in fact QU1 as a orderable
    product will go away. However, when you order 5733-QU2 ( the GUI ) you
    will get 5722-QU1 as well. You just won't be able to order it by itself.

  5. Re: 5722-QU1 (Query/400) is being withdrawn 4th January 2008

    On Oct 24, 6:44 pm, Kirk Goins wrote:
    > Newbie_Neil wrote:
    > > Hi all

    > > This is hot off the press. I thought that it was still going to be
    > > available alongside the GUI.

    > > Cheers
    > > Neil

    > It is my understanding as a IBM BP that in fact QU1 as a orderable
    > product will go away. However, when you order 5733-QU2 ( the GUI ) you
    > will get 5722-QU1 as well. You just won't be able to order it by itself.

    So, in effect, it's a price increase.

    Cheers,
    Neil

  6. Re: 5722-QU1 (Query/400) is being withdrawn 4th January 2008

    I installed the QU2 as a test. (V5R4) It is supposed to include the
    QU1 stuff, but when I tested it, WRKQRY is no available. I needed to
    re-install the QU1 product for the "legacy" stuff.

    I have "Enterprise" on a P20. QU1 is included, but QU2 is $400 per
    every NAMED user (not concurrent users), plus $1920 annual maint. On
    our P20, I get 6 users for maint only. It looks like a major price
    increase if I have to name everybody who might run a query. I also
    understand "Enterprise" pricing goes away in V6, and everything is
    priced seperately.

  7. Re: 5722-QU1 (Query/400) is being withdrawn 4th January 2008

    On Oct 25, 4:01 pm, Graybeard wrote:
    > I installed the QU2 as a test. (V5R4) It is supposed to include the
    > QU1 stuff, but when I tested it, WRKQRY is no available. I needed to
    > re-install the QU1 product for the "legacy" stuff.
    >
    > I have "Enterprise" on a P20. QU1 is included, but QU2 is $400 per
    > every NAMED user (not concurrent users), plus $1920 annual maint. On
    > our P20, I get 6 users for maint only. It looks like a major price
    > increase if I have to name everybody who might run a query. I also
    > understand "Enterprise" pricing goes away in V6, and everything is
    > priced seperately.

    QU1 on P05 is 610GBP, whereas QU2 on P05 is 1,600 GBP (2
    users) .............. quite a price hike, I agree. (2,000 USD on P05)

    Pro-rata on an entry 515, it is about 10% of the total cost.

    Neil

  8. Re: 5722-QU1 (Query/400) is being withdrawn 4th January 2008

    AFaIK an *order* of the product 5733QU2 is supposed to include
    additionally /on the media/, the product 5722QU1. They are still
    separate products that can be ordered *and* installed separately. If
    the 5722QU1 had been deleted prior to installing 5733QU2, then WRKQRY
    would have gone away during that delete. Thus if the Query/400 features
    are desirable to remain, then do not delete the licensed program
    5722QU1; i.e. there is no requirement to delete 5722QU1 before restoring
    the licensed program 5733QU2.

    AFaIK the "named user" licensing applies only to the use of the IBM
    DB2 Web Query for System i product, and as I understand it, the 5722QU1
    product will always be unlimited use. I have not read the announce
    information alluded to [no link given] by the OP.

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    Graybeard wrote:
    > I installed the QU2 as a test. (V5R4) It is supposed to include the
    > QU1 stuff, but when I tested it, WRKQRY is not available. I needed to
    > re-install the QU1 product for the "legacy" stuff.
    >
    > I have "Enterprise" on a P20. QU1 is included, but QU2 is $400 per
    > every NAMED user (not concurrent users), plus $1920 annual maint. On
    > our P20, I get 6 users for maint only. It looks like a major price
    > increase if I have to name everybody who might run a query. I also
    > understand "Enterprise" pricing goes away in V6, and everything is
    > priced separately.

+ Reply to Thread