XML Toolkit - format-number() does not work - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on XML Toolkit - format-number() does not work - IBM AS400 ; Hello, I have installed the XML toolkit (5733-XT2) on our iSeries. When I use XALANEXE (or SIMPLETRANS) to do a an XSLT transformation with a stylesheet using the format-number() function, I get lots of warnings saying: XSLT Warning: The function ...

  1. XML Toolkit - format-number() does not work

    Hello,

    I have installed the XML toolkit (5733-XT2) on our iSeries.

    When I use XALANEXE (or SIMPLETRANS) to do a an XSLT transformation with
    a stylesheet using the format-number() function, I get lots of warnings
    saying:

    XSLT Warning: The function 'format-number()' is not implemented.
    Source tree node: position. (line -1, column -1.)

    According to the documentation it should work:

    /QIBM/ProdData/xmltoolkit/xml5_5_0/doc/xslt4c/usagepatterns.html#icu

    |format-number()

    | The XSLT function, format-number(), includes two or three arguments
    |(the third is optional): number, format pattern, and decimal-format
    |name. XSLT4C, by default, will ignore the format pattern and optional
    |decimal-format unless you install ICU. Since ICU is integrated with
    |XSLT4C, the format-number(), function is fully supported with all its
    |arguments.

    What am I doing wrong? Any hints greatly appreciated.

    Greetings,
    Klaus

  2. Re: XML Toolkit - format-number() does not work

    On Oct 18, 4:11 pm, Klaus Moedinger wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have installed the XML toolkit (5733-XT2) on our iSeries.
    >
    > When I use XALANEXE (or SIMPLETRANS) to do a an XSLT transformation with
    > a stylesheet using the format-number() function, I get lots of warnings
    > saying:
    >
    > XSLT Warning: The function 'format-number()' is not implemented.
    > Source tree node: position. (line -1, column -1.)
    >
    > According to the documentation it should work:
    >
    > /QIBM/ProdData/xmltoolkit/xml5_5_0/doc/xslt4c/usagepatterns.html#icu
    >
    > |format-number()
    >
    > | The XSLT function, format-number(), includes two or three arguments
    > |(the third is optional): number, format pattern, and decimal-format
    > |name. XSLT4C, by default, will ignore the format pattern and optional
    > |decimal-format unless you install ICU. Since ICU is integrated with
    > |XSLT4C, the format-number(), function is fully supported with all its
    > |arguments.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong? Any hints greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Greetings,
    > Klaus

    Did you install PTF's for the products once you installed them, not
    sure if it will fix the issue but it might.

  3. Re: XML Toolkit - format-number() does not work

    Hello,

    jacko wrote:

    >> XSLT Warning: The function 'format-number()' is not implemented.
    >> Source tree node: position. (line -1, column -1.)

    > Did you install PTF's for the products once you installed them, not
    > sure if it will fix the issue but it might.

    No, I didn't. IBM mentiones some (I think three) PTFs, but they seem to
    deal with Java only.

    I hope, I won't need to rebuild XSLT4C...

    Thanks for answering,
    Klaus

  4. Re: XML Toolkit - format-number() does not work

    jacko writes:

    > > XSLT Warning: The function 'format-number()' is not implemented.
    > > Source tree node: position. (line -1, column -1.)

    > > /QIBM/ProdData/xmltoolkit/xml5_5_0/doc/xslt4c/usagepatterns.html#icu

    Shot from the hip - are you sure you are using that version and not an
    earlier one which happen to be installed too?

    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

+ Reply to Thread