Unable to capture printing status - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Unable to capture printing status - IBM AS400 ; Hi all, I wrote a CL program to control Remote printing (Used API'S like QGYRPRTA, QUSRSPLA). I am able to capture the status of the spool file when there is no paper in the printer device or when the printer ...

  1. Unable to capture printing status

    Hi all,

    I wrote a CL program to control Remote printing (Used API'S like
    QGYRPRTA, QUSRSPLA). I am able to capture the status of the spool file
    when there is no paper in the printer device or when the printer is
    switched off.

    If suppose I am printing more than one spool file and if the paper is
    over(no more paper) in the middle of printing, spool file is moved to
    the printer buffer (spool no more appears in outq) and I am not able
    to capture that spool's status further.

    How can I avoid the spool from getting flushed to printer buffer.

    Please suggest a solution. Thank you in advance.

    Regards,
    gai.

  2. Re: Unable to capture printing status

    il 18/10/2007 17.45, Scrive gai 40459824:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I wrote a CL program to control Remote printing (Used API'S like
    > QGYRPRTA, QUSRSPLA). I am able to capture the status of the spool file
    > when there is no paper in the printer device or when the printer is
    > switched off.
    >
    > If suppose I am printing more than one spool file and if the paper is
    > over(no more paper) in the middle of printing, spool file is moved to
    > the printer buffer (spool no more appears in outq) and I am not able
    > to capture that spool's status further.
    >
    > How can I avoid the spool from getting flushed to printer buffer.
    >
    > Please suggest a solution. Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Regards,
    > gai.

    Put SAVE(*YES) spool atttribute