CPF9041 - Unable to remove a user's directory entry - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on CPF9041 - Unable to remove a user's directory entry - IBM AS400 ; I am trying to delete a user profile but the V5R4 iSeries can not remove the directory entry. I receive CPF9041 error message. The user owns no objects and this is what is suggested in the error message: -- If ...

  1. CPF9041 - Unable to remove a user's directory entry

    I am trying to delete a user profile but the V5R4 iSeries can not
    remove the directory entry. I receive CPF9041 error message. The
    user owns no objects and this is what is suggested in the error
    message:

    -- If you used the WRKOBJOWN command or the DSPUSRPRF command and
    no
    documents or folders were shown as being owned by this user, use the
    RCLDLO
    command.

    Never used the RCLDLO command but it looks like I have to get the
    system into a restricted state or at the very least end all document
    activity. Niether of these is an option right now.

    Has anyone encountered this before? Work around?

    Any help is greatly appreciated,

    Thad Rizzi

  2. Re: CPF9041 - Unable to remove a user's directory entry

    The following search of IBM System i Support documents lists a KB
    document that describes a case where the user owns no objects [and
    another document]:
    http://www-912.ibm.com/ImprovedSearc...leasevalue=All

    FWiW: As a perceived problem, it may be most prudent to open a
    problem report to establish origin and/or most appropriate resolution.
    Regardless, I offer additionally...
    DMPOBJ TheUsrPrf *USRPRF and DMPDLO *INT requests, both may leave
    some worthwhile details [available for review, from] prior to any
    recovery attempt activity.
    If it were an ownership issue, then often the modified request using
    DLTUSRPRF OWNOBJOPT(*CHGOWN NamedUser) can assist. Having requested to
    CRTUSRPRF DLTME PASSWORD(*NONE) enables a good choice for NamedUser,
    better than QDFTOWN for example, because then what object was reassigned
    can probably be found and addressed.
    I just used the RCLDLO *ALL on my system w/out restricted state. I
    recall there was a KB document naming likely subsystems [and/or jobs;
    e.g. the *SBSD QSNADS] that would prevent RCLDLO; i.e. specific ending
    of subsystems and jobs, versus restricted state, may be an available
    option to enable using RCLDLO.
    I am not sure if distributions associated with the profile might
    cause similar, but querying for those for the problematic user might
    have value, such that if any are found those can be deleted -- those are
    not objects that are /owned/ in the more familiar sense, so WRKOBJOWN
    would not show those.

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

    Thad Rizzi wrote:
    > I am trying to delete a user profile but the V5R4 iSeries can not
    > remove the directory entry. I receive CPF9041 error message. The
    > user owns no objects and this is what is suggested in the error
    > message:
    >
    > -- If you used the WRKOBJOWN command or the DSPUSRPRF command and
    > no documents or folders were shown as being owned by this user,
    > use the RCLDLO command.
    >
    > Never used the RCLDLO command but it looks like I have to get the
    > system into a restricted state or at the very least end all document
    > activity. Neither of these is an option right now.
    >
    > Has anyone encountered this before? Work around?
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated

+ Reply to Thread