QIC1000 Tape Cartridges - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on QIC1000 Tape Cartridges - IBM AS400 ; Does anyone know where I can get QIC1000 tape cartridges for the 6348 tape unit on our vintage AS/400?...

  1. QIC1000 Tape Cartridges

    Does anyone know where I can get QIC1000 tape cartridges for the 6348 tape
    unit on our vintage AS/400?

  2. Re: QIC1000 Tape Cartridges

    I don't know where to get them - ebay may be able to help - but is a
    QIC1200, which is also compatible, a more standard offering?

    Peter

    "Colin" wrote in message
    > Does anyone know where I can get QIC1000 tape cartridges for the 6348 tape
    > unit on our vintage AS/400?

  3. Re: QIC1000 Tape Cartridges

    I think that's the same cartridge. A QIC1000 cartridge holds 1200kB of
    data. IBM don't mention "QIC1200" as a possible format.

    Colin

    "Peter Kinsman" wrote in message
    news:yC2Ri.174679$BW4.56437@fe1.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    >I don't know where to get them - ebay may be able to help - but is a
    >QIC1200, which is also compatible, a more standard offering?
    >
    > Peter
    >
    > "Colin" wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know where I can get QIC1000 tape cartridges for the 6348
    >> tape unit on our vintage AS/400?

  4. Re: QIC1000 Tape Cartridges

    Oops that should be 1200MB...

    "Colin" wrote in message
    newsZudneW0O92DUInanZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@saix.net...
    >I think that's the same cartridge. A QIC1000 cartridge holds 1200kB of
    >data. IBM don't mention "QIC1200" as a possible format.
    >
    > Colin
    >
    > "Peter Kinsman" wrote in message
    > news:yC2Ri.174679$BW4.56437@fe1.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    >>I don't know where to get them - ebay may be able to help - but is a
    >>QIC1200, which is also compatible, a more standard offering?
    >>
    >> Peter
    >>
    >> "Colin" wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone know where I can get QIC1000 tape cartridges for the 6348
    >>> tape unit on our vintage AS/400?

  5. Re: QIC1000 Tape Cartridges

    I think the 1.2Gb tqpe is QIC1000 density, but 20% longer. Try this link,
    but it would involve postage from the US

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOT-OF-5-SONY-...QQcmdZViewItem

    Peter

    "Colin" wrote in message
    > Oops that should be 1200MB...
    >
    > "Colin" wrote in message
    > newsZudneW0O92DUInanZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@saix.net...
    >>I think that's the same cartridge. A QIC1000 cartridge holds 1200kB of
    >>data. IBM don't mention "QIC1200" as a possible format.
    >>
    >> Colin
    >>
    >> "Peter Kinsman" wrote in message
    >> news:yC2Ri.174679$BW4.56437@fe1.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    >>>I don't know where to get them - ebay may be able to help - but is a
    >>>QIC1200, which is also compatible, a more standard offering?
    >>>
    >>> Peter
    >>>
    >>> "Colin" wrote in message

  6. Re: QIC1000 Tape Cartridges

  7. Re: QIC1000 Tape Cartridges

    I have a 1.2gb and/or 2.0gb Magnus Data Cartridges that we no longer
    use. It was used on our vintage 9402-200 AS/400 which is right now
    sitting in dust. It is free for anyone who want to pick it up.

    If the cartridges will work for you, how many you want?

    It is free tapes, but I need the freight to be pre-paid.

    The 9402+200 has a V3R2 OS Release on it with all the AS/400 Query, RPG
    I,II and III.

    Gil

    Colin wrote:

    > Does anyone know where I can get QIC1000 tape cartridges for the 6348 tape
    > unit on our vintage AS/400?

+ Reply to Thread