PASE session problem - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on PASE session problem - IBM AS400 ; Hi. My client installed product: 5722SS1 33 OS/400 - Portable App Solutions Environment when I run PASE session by 'call qp2term' everything seems to be fine. but when I try to execute any command (ls -la) it turns back to ...

  1. PASE session problem

    Hi.

    My client installed product:
    5722SS1 33 OS/400 - Portable App Solutions Environment

    when I run PASE session by 'call qp2term' everything seems to be fine.
    but when I try to execute any command (ls -la) it turns back to OS400
    menu with error message:

    ---------
    Message ID . . . . . . : CPFB9C4 Severity . . . . . . . : 40

    Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

    Date sent . . . . . . : 16/10/07 Time sent . . . . . . :
    10:57:05

    Message . . . . : Error running OS/400 PASE terminal session, reason
    code 2,
    errno 3006.

    Cause . . . . . : Program QP2TERM detected an error attempting to
    start or
    run a terminal session. The reason codes and their meanings are as
    follows:
    1 - Error starting a new terminal session. 2 - Error running an
    existing
    terminal session. 3 - Error ending a terminal session. Errno is a
    value that
    indicates the type of failure.

    Recovery . . . : Correct the error and then try the request again.
    ----------

    Does anybody has any idea what can be wrong ?

    Tomasz

  2. Re: PASE session problem

    Not much help I'm afraid but errno 3006 is for "input/output error"
    (For other errno codes see member ERRNO in file H in library QSYSINC)

  3. Re: PASE session problem

    walker.l2 pisze:
    > Not much help I'm afraid but errno 3006 is for "input/output error"
    > (For other errno codes see member ERRNO in file H in library QSYSINC)

    thanks, I'll try find out what's wrong.
    I've never seen such an error before.

    Tomasz

  4. Re: PASE session problem

    Re: error msgCPFB9C4 RC2 errno3006 for Program QP2TERM detecting an
    error running an existing terminal session

    FWiW: ibm.software.iseries.pase on news server news.software.ibm.com
    may be worth a visit.

    Regards, Chuck
    employer

  5. Re: PASE session problem

    The CPFB9C4 with reason code 2 and errno 3006 indicates an I/O failure while
    the QP2TERM terminal session was running.

    It would be interesting to know if there is anything unique with your 5250
    session or emulator. Or, perhaps, the language, country or CCSID setting
    for your job. Have you tried other commands besides "ls" (such as "env" or
    "pwd")? Does something similar happen using Qshell (CL STRQSH)? (Qshell
    uses similar underlying 5250 terminal session support as QP2TERM.)

    --
    -----
    Walt Madden -- IBM System i software development

  6. Re: PASE session problem

    Walt Madden pisze:
    > The CPFB9C4 with reason code 2 and errno 3006 indicates an I/O failure while
    > the QP2TERM terminal session was running.
    >
    > It would be interesting to know if there is anything unique with your 5250
    > session or emulator. Or, perhaps, the language, country or CCSID setting
    > for your job. Have you tried other commands besides "ls" (such as "env" or
    > "pwd")? Does something similar happen using Qshell (CL STRQSH)? (Qshell
    > uses similar underlying 5250 terminal session support as QP2TERM.)

    Hi.

    I've checked job parameters on another i5 system, they are:

    Language identifier . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ENU
    Country or region identifier . . . . . . . . . . : US
    Coded character set identifier . . . . . . . . . : 65535
    Default coded character set identifier . . . . . : 37

    I've set them up the same on 'corrupted' system and nothig has changed.
    None of the commands works.

    When I use CL STRQSH it also goes back to OS menu with message:

    Message ID . . . . . . : QSH0003 Severity . . . . . . . : 00

    Message type . . . . . : Information

    Date sent . . . . . . : 17/10/07 Time sent . . . . . . :
    09:32:54

    Message . . . . : New QSH session started.

    Regards,
    Tomasz

+ Reply to Thread