Use LPR instead of PJL ? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Use LPR instead of PJL ? - IBM AS400 ; Hello, All of our network-attached HP printers are setup to use Type 3812, HP5, HPPJLDRV. Recently a new multifunction device was purchased, the Konica Minolta BizHub 250, with the belief that it supported PJL but after the configuration failed we ...

  1. Use LPR instead of PJL ?

    Hello,

    All of our network-attached HP printers are setup to use Type 3812, HP5,
    HPPJLDRV.

    Recently a new multifunction device was purchased, the Konica Minolta BizHub
    250, with the belief that it supported PJL but after the configuration
    failed we discovered on the IBM website the device is not supported via JPL
    but instead LORD.

    What is disturbing is we have one of their earlier models, which IBM also
    says is not supported, yet it works. Sometimes.

    I don't suppose it's as simple as changing the 3812's division description
    to *LPR" and off we go.

    What can you suggest? I fear if we have to use Remote Writer it will not
    support the overlay print files which have the company logos, etc.

    Thank you,
    -Bob

  2. Re: Use LPR instead of PJL ?

    "Bob Mgr" wrote in

    > Hello,
    >
    > All of our network-attached HP printers are setup to use Type 3812,
    > HP5, HPPJLDRV.
    >
    > Recently a new multifunction device was purchased, the Konica Minolta
    > BizHub 250, with the belief that it supported PJL but after the
    > configuration failed we discovered on the IBM website the device is
    > not supported via JPL but instead LORD.
    >
    > What is disturbing is we have one of their earlier models, which IBM
    > also says is not supported, yet it works. Sometimes.
    >
    > I don't suppose it's as simple as changing the 3812's division
    > description to *LPR" and off we go.
    >
    > What can you suggest? I fear if we have to use Remote Writer it will
    > not support the overlay print files which have the company logos, etc.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > -Bob

    Software Knowledge Base

    http://www-
    912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0888cc5d18fceca58625680b005dc690/4b2576f82a
    f70d80862569c1007a491d?OpenDocument

    there is SNMP support on this printer:
    at the bottom of the above document is an explanation how to configure a
    snmp printer,

    --
    Ad,

    What's The Use Of Getting Sober
    (When You're Gonna Get Drunk Again)

  3. Re: Use LPR instead of PJL ?

    "Ad" wrote in message

    > Software Knowledge Base
    >
    > http://www-
    > 912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0888cc5d18fceca58625680b005dc690/4b2576f82a
    > f70d80862569c1007a491d?OpenDocument
    >
    > there is SNMP support on this printer:
    > at the bottom of the above document is an explanation how to configure a
    > snmp printer,

    OK, and this is better than LPR I assume?

    I Google'd and discovered Ricoh posted a 3812 SNMP description for some of
    their units so I'm going to ask for the same from Konica.

    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread