Timezone configuration - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Timezone configuration - IBM AS400 ; Hi. I've configured SNTP service on my i5. Now all i5's time is synchronized with our 'time server'. Do I still need to configure sysval QTIMEZON? My machines are in Poland. Tomasz...

  1. Timezone configuration

    Hi.
    I've configured SNTP service on my i5.
    Now all i5's time is synchronized with our 'time server'.

    Do I still need to configure sysval QTIMEZON?
    My machines are in Poland.

    Tomasz

  2. Re: Timezone configuration

    il 15/10/2007 14.57, Scrive tomasz 40656656:
    > Hi.
    > I've configured SNTP service on my i5.
    > Now all i5's time is synchronized with our 'time server'.
    >
    > Do I still need to configure sysval QTIMEZON?
    > My machines are in Poland.
    >

    > Tomasz

    IMHO yes, using SNMP you should supply your timezone, the remote server
    replies with UTC time, but the client should be aware of how much
    distant you are from UTC in order to calculate the time adjust, as
    you'll no more able to change QUTCOFFSET sysval, you must act on it
    though QTIMEZON.

  3. Re: Timezone configuration

    Another reason is normally the SNTP is set to reject time changes of
    more than xx minutes. If this is set to less than 60, the time change
    due to daylight savings might be rejected as out of range. Since
    setting the time zone takes only a few minutes, I would go ahead an do
    it anyway. Timestamps passed between servers can sometimes be
    critical.

+ Reply to Thread