delete object in root directory of IFS - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on delete object in root directory of IFS - IBM AS400 ; Hallo, can somebody help me ? We have a few objects in root directory of IFS with incorrect name (e.g. /ales\bourq10 or /UISTA \lbpbrv.cSV) and we aren't possible to delete or rename these objects. Are there any ideas ? Thanks ...

  1. delete object in root directory of IFS

    Hallo,

    can somebody help me ? We have a few objects in root directory of
    IFS with incorrect name (e.g. /ales\bourq10 or /UISTA
    \lbpbrv.cSV) and we aren't possible to delete or rename these objects.
    Are there any ideas ? Thanks very much. Fifin

  2. Re: delete object in root directory of IFS

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 05:39:24 -0700, fifin wrote:
    > Hallo,
    >
    > can somebody help me ? We have a few objects in root directory of
    > IFS with incorrect name (e.g. /ales\bourq10 or /UISTA
    > \lbpbrv.cSV) and we aren't possible to delete or rename these objects.
    > Are there any ideas ? Thanks very much. Fifin

    It shouldn't be difficult to remove them. What error does it give?

    --
    Random Wisdom: Let a pizza fresh from the oven stand for several minutes
    before cutting; it will reduce the amount of sauce running

  3. Re: delete object in root directory of IFS

    il 21/09/2007 14.39, Scrive fifin 40386616:
    > Hallo,
    >
    > can somebody help me ? We have a few objects in root directory of
    > IFS with incorrect name (e.g. /ales\bourq10 or /UISTA
    > \lbpbrv.cSV) and we aren't possible to delete or rename these objects.
    > Are there any ideas ? Thanks very much. Fifin

    Try using a name masking that matches only whal you relly want to do, e.g.
    del '/ales*'
    but it will delete any other file that matches the mask. A method to see
    if the file mask is correct would be:
    wrklnk '/ales*'
    if only the files the you want to delete are listed then you can del.
    If you are not able to build a unique mask move the files that yu do no
    want to delete into another directory.

  4. Re: delete object in root directory of IFS

    On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:11:09 +0200, Dr.UgoGagliardelli wrote:
    > il 21/09/2007 14.39, Scrive fifin 40386616:
    >> Hallo,
    >>
    >> can somebody help me ? We have a few objects in root directory of
    >> IFS with incorrect name (e.g. /ales\bourq10 or /UISTA
    >> \lbpbrv.cSV) and we aren't possible to delete or rename these objects.
    >> Are there any ideas ? Thanks very much. Fifin
    >>

    > Try using a name masking that matches only whal you relly want to do, e.g.
    > del '/ales*'
    > but it will delete any other file that matches the mask. A method to see
    > if the file mask is correct would be:
    > wrklnk '/ales*'
    > if only the files the you want to delete are listed then you can del.
    > If you are not able to build a unique mask move the files that yu do no
    > want to delete into another directory.

    Also, qsh allows easy escaping of special characters in object
    manipulation

    --------------------

    $

    $

    $
    > ls

    blah\foo
    $

    $

    $
    --------------------

    --
    Revenge is an integral part of forgiving and forgetting.
    -- The BOFH

  5. Re: delete object in root directory of IFS

    In the past I had some of incorrect objectnames.

    A collegue showed me I could delete them using FTP.

    Emile

    "fifin" schreef in bericht
    news:1190378364.519805.135850@19g2000hsx.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hallo,
    >
    > can somebody help me ? We have a few objects in root directory of
    > IFS with incorrect name (e.g. /ales\bourq10 or /UISTA
    > \lbpbrv.cSV) and we aren't possible to delete or rename these objects.
    > Are there any ideas ? Thanks very much. Fifin

+ Reply to Thread