Direct Printing - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Direct Printing - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I am trying to work with (remote) IP LAN attched printer from AS400. I have linked an OUTQ to the IP Port. I use LANSA application program to direct print using ENDPRINT command. Thought the output file is pushed ...

  1. Direct Printing

    Hi,

    I am trying to work with (remote) IP LAN attched printer from AS400. I
    have linked an OUTQ to the IP Port.

    I use LANSA application program to direct print using ENDPRINT
    command. Thought the output file is pushed to the printer from the
    OUTQ, it wait's there in the printer queue.

    Please suggest to resolve this problem for me to achieve Direct
    printing.

    I also thought of using QGYRPRTA to retrieve the writer status.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks & Regards,
    gayathri.

  2. Re: Direct Printing

    On Sep 20, 9:26 am, gai wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to work with (remote) IP LAN attched printer from AS400. I
    > have linked an OUTQ to the IP Port.
    >
    > I use LANSA application program to direct print using ENDPRINT
    > command. Thought the output file is pushed to the printer from the
    > OUTQ, it wait's there in the printer queue.
    >
    > Please suggest to resolve this problem for me to achieve Direct
    > printing.
    >
    > I also thought of using QGYRPRTA to retrieve the writer status.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > gayathri.

    If you have IP based printer configured on the 400 using port 9100 or
    a remote output queue defined, so long as the writers are started and
    your spooled files end up whre they need to be then your reports
    should come out on the printer over IP. Sounds like your printer
    won't print items off the 400 whether they are LANSA or not.

+ Reply to Thread