ENDTCPCNN modified - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on ENDTCPCNN modified - IBM AS400 ; I often need to end every IP connection to my AS400 coming from a certain IP address or from a particular IP subnet. For example, it would be usefull to me if I could write: ENDTCPCNN PROTOCOL(*ANY) LCLINTNETA('10.1.1.1') LCLPORT(*ANY) or ...

  1. ENDTCPCNN modified

    I often need to end every IP connection to my AS400 coming from a certain IP
    address or from a particular IP subnet. For example, it would be usefull to
    me if I could write:

    ENDTCPCNN PROTOCOL(*ANY)
    LCLINTNETA('10.1.1.1')
    LCLPORT(*ANY)

    or

    ENDTCPCNN PROTOCOL(*ANY)
    LCLINTNETA('10.1.1.1')
    LCLPORT(*ANY)
    RMTINTNETA('10.1.2.*')

    but unfortunately the *ANY for the PROTOCOL and the LCLPORT parameters are
    not allowed, as the * in the RMTINTNETA one.

    Is there any API or anything else I could use to write a program to solve my
    problem?

    Thanks a lot.

    Bye

    Franco

  2. Re: ENDTCPCNN modified

    On Sep 20, 7:43 am, "Franco Lombardo" wrote:
    > I often need to end every IP connection to my AS400 coming from a certain IP
    > address or from a particular IP subnet. For example, it would be usefull to
    > me if I could write:
    >
    > ENDTCPCNN PROTOCOL(*ANY)
    > LCLINTNETA('10.1.1.1')
    > LCLPORT(*ANY)
    >
    > or
    >
    > ENDTCPCNN PROTOCOL(*ANY)
    > LCLINTNETA('10.1.1.1')
    > LCLPORT(*ANY)
    > RMTINTNETA('10.1.2.*')
    >
    > but unfortunately the *ANY for the PROTOCOL and the LCLPORT parameters are
    > not allowed, as the * in the RMTINTNETA one.
    >
    > Is there any API or anything else I could use to write a program to solve my
    > problem?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Bye
    >
    > Franco

    Franco,, are you lookint to automate it?? There is this command:
    WRKTCPSTS OPTION(*IFC)
    If you end your connection then I would think all your services etc
    would then not be able to be used.

  3. Re: ENDTCPCNN modified

    First of all thank you for your answer.

    > Franco,, are you lookint to automate it??

    Yes, I need to automate it

    > There is this command:
    > WRKTCPSTS OPTION(*IFC)
    > If you end your connection then I would think all your services etc
    > would then not be able to be used.

    Yes, this way my services are disabled, but the jobs are still active for a
    while, eventually locking some resources. What I need is to close every job
    talking with a certain IP immediatly.

    Thanks again.

    Bye

    Franco